Respected Contributor

The summer after junior year in high school, I worked for a while polishing tiny components in a fireworks factory. 

The day after someone blew a hand off, my parents told me to quit. 

Valued Contributor

I was on summer break from Junior College....Household Finance Company....the manager called me from the "other" room to see how I answered the phone and his questions......

I left at lunch and never went back!!  At 19 I didn't have the patience for the CREEP!!!

Honored Contributor

@Yardlie You poor thing. She and her DH, who was a LOVELY man, had one snobby, snotty daughter, the image in all ways of her mother. I think my boss was nuts, frankly.

She was an excellent attorney but a lousy, mean, horribly employer.

Esteemed Contributor

I was 23, newly married, moved out of state with my husband and couldn't find a teaching job. I went to an employment agency and they hired me to work for them....horrible! I learned really fast that I was not good at telephone sales and making cold calls. It was hopeless and I lasted less than 2 months. It was the most miserable job I ever had!

Respected Contributor

The worst job I ever had was working in an ice cream cone factory over the summer break while I was in college.  I was on a line to package the ice cream cones.  It was hot (there was no air conditioning inside the factory) and very noisy.  Long hours of standing and packing cones in the package.  But I made it until the last day I was scheduled to work in order to start another year of school.

It was boring, redundant, hot, and isolated.  It was so noisy that you would not have been able to converse with anyone.  I spent most of the work day thinking about all the other things I would rather be doing.  lol  On the positive side, I didn't have any problems with co-workers or management.  It was years before I ever wanted to see an ice cream cone though!  LOL!  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *