Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Thanks for this post, and photos.  I enjoyed following along.  Your posts are so interesting.  Still think of your “lamp transformation” - great!

Also never heard of Goodwill on line.  

I have to go shopping now.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

Love your unique gift ideas!!  Not to be a dunce here but could you explain how this is played? I only did this one time and everything was wrapped...and I forget how we even got gifts passed around LOL!  And you never knew what was in anything until the end and people were taking gifts from others many times over.  

Perhaps the rules are all different depending on who hosts it?

@tsavorite 

We drew numbers from 1-20.  I had #8, so I was the 8th person to pick.  During my turn, I could have picked a new, wrapped gift, or I could have chosen to steal from someone who had numbers 1-7.  Then my turn was over.  #9 went next, and could have stolen from me or the others from 1-8.  The hosts set the limit one item could be stolen to three times.  If #9 had stolen from me, I would have had the chance to steal from someone else or open a new gift before person #10 got to pick.  If I wanted my gift back, I could have stolen it, and in the rest of the game that item could only be stolen one more time.

Does that make sense?

It kinda makes sense LOL!  The one I was at I simply don't remember any of the rules!!  Except the gift amount was $5....and you had to bring so many depending on your family size.  

I like that you posted photos of the items....I love to read in print don't get me wrong but pictures really bring it to lifeWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

THere are a million ways to play this game. Everyone does it differently.

We play a traditional game at work.  The last time we played, the most popular gift was a book scraper from BB&B.  The guys were all over that thing.  Most of the ladies (including me!) didn't evne know what it was and someone had to explain it to us. 

It can be fun if everyone follows the rules and puts thought into it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

What a fun post!  I thought your ideas were very creative.

Esteemed Contributor

We've done this at our office Christmas party but it's only supposed to be silly things from around your house or don't pay more than a couple of bucks for something.  We always got all sorts of things though and candles and candy were always the most stolen item.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown