Honored Contributor

White 🐘🐘 Party

[ Edited ]

I went to a white elephant party after the holidays and I thought I would check in to share the "finds" and opinions about gifts.

Each person had to bring a gift, so as a couple we brought two.  The limit was $15-20 per gift, and I wanted something unique.  Originally I bought the gifts with the idea that the host (and another guest in common) might like my choices for themselves, but the guest wasn't able to go.

I got a NWT limited edition French nutcracker from Shopgoodwill.org  (ETA- should be Shopgoodwill.com) (the hostess is from France).

I had planned to pair it with a bag of nuts in the shell.  We were away for the holiday, and we had only the day of the party to find the nuts, and there were NONE to be found!

I ended up pairing four tiny winies with the nutcracker, as he is holding wine on his tray.

Image result for sutter home mini wine bottles

For the second gift, I found these Abraham Lincoln copper bookends (also from Shopgoodwill.org  (ETA- should be Shopgoodwill.com) but since our guest wasn't coming, instead of a book we paired them with a $10 Amazon gift card.

There were rules to the number of times items could be stolen (three) and the number of rounds.  Both of our items were "stolen" once.

What do you think were the "top" (A.K.A. most stolen) gifts at the party?

Occasional Contributor

Both of yours!  They were very thoughtful and for more people then just the Hostess : )

Honored Contributor

Very creative and interesting gifts (of course knowing you)....love the thought put into it....no candles or mugs!  Hope you had a great time!

Honored Contributor
My DD collects nutcrackers and she would love to have that one! Yours had to be the best at the party.
Respected Contributor

Re: White 🐘🐘 Party

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono I love your gift choices. But to your question, some kind of candle was the most popular...

For our family white elephant, I brought a mic for singing and everyone wanted it But me!!! Lol

Honored Contributor

This was the gift that I received (and no one stole back, LOL).

Image result for Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers 38 piece

Honored Contributor

This is what BF ended up with after his gifts were stolen several times.

Image result for say anything game

Honored Contributor

This is what he opened first, and it was stolen- (I don't remember the brand, but something like this)

Paper Magic All Occasion Handmade Greeting Card Assortment in Keepsake Organizer Box, 25 Cards (2333225)

Respected Contributor

Love your unique gift ideas!!  Not to be a dunce here but could you explain how this is played? I only did this one time and everything was wrapped...and I forget how we even got gifts passed around LOL!  And you never knew what was in anything until the end and people were taking gifts from others many times over.  

Perhaps the rules are all different depending on who hosts it?

Respected Contributor

Those are great gifts you took.  My husband participated in one this year at an office Christmas luncheon and instead of stealing gifts he sad they passed them right and left several times and he ended up with what he brought.