Honored Contributor

OK, GROUP- How many of you have started to DO IT?

A while back, we had a great thread, lots of comments, about things we’d all dreamed and planned to do, and for whatever reason, hadn’t given the dream a shot.

Just wanted everyone to know that my dream is moving along positively day by day, making me happier than I ever thought I’d ever have a chance to be. 

Within the the next week I’ll be part of a marathon concert featuring a bunch of area bands, playing an instrument I’d never even considered before January 2019, and snooping around for more opportunities to exploit my new found enthusiasm.

So if you’ve dipped a toe in, taken a look at your opportunities, figured out how to get whatever equipment you need to turn your dream into action, ANY of those ACTION BASED FIRST STEPS to make your cherished dream to reality, PLEASE POST HERE..........

Honored Contributor

Re: OK, GROUP- How many of you have started to DO IT?

@violann   Good for you for pursuing your dream...and enjoy playing in the concert.

Esteemed Contributor

@violann 

Which instrument?!! There are so many, I couldn't even venture a guess....and what kind of band?! If you had divulged that, I could guess. Smiley Happy

One of the toughest things I ever had to do was to leave my beautiful country home to live in the city hundreds of miles away so that I could pursue my dream/s--  That was some years ago. My action-based first step was to want it so badly, that I was willing to make the sacrifice. In life, there are always tradeoffs.

I am so happy for you!

Honored Contributor

I'm impressed that someone could begin studying a musical instrument in January and be proficient enough in it to perform in a concert by September.  I am not musically inclined but that must be an amazing feat.  Congrats to you!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm impressed that someone could begin studying a musical instrument in January and be proficient enough in it to perform in a concert by September.  I am not musically inclined but that must be an amazing feat.  Congrats to you!

Me too!  VERY impressive!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations @violann . I am so very happy for you. No one deserves it more than you do!Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann that's really impressive!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@violann  You're my HERO.  You go girl!!! Heart

Honored Contributor

HEY- this was NOT supposed to be about ME!!! (Just discovered how to change font size, can you tell?LOL). But I thank you SO MUCH for your wonderfully empowering comments.

NOW- I want to know about how many of YOU have taken the jump into your deferred dream???

Honored Contributor

Pulling this up to see if anyone is ready to update for the  NEW YEAR???

I had a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS PERFORMING SEASON that included 4 Performances at healthcare residences, a mall performance, and THE BEST- TUBACHRISTMAS, a concert given by a group of tuba players of all ages and mixed abilities, playing traditional Christmas music.

I had a small setback in my playing that started at the beginning of September, but thanks to my lesson teacher, I kept playing and muscled through it.

I'm having a little trouble with goal setting for 2020. I think I might have u derestimated my potential ability to play when I started, so this year I'm going to try to set the bar just a bit higher than I did in 2019.

I'm also doing some preliminary art planning to develop a singing program for people who think they can't sing. I'm betting I can prove them wrong!

Hope you all can FIND some way to incorporate personal HAPPY pursuits into your lives during this coming year. Even just a few mi utes of self enrichment can bring SUCH JOY in unexpected ways. GIVE IT A SHOT!!!!!