Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where to Find Your Activity

dooBdoo...I'm so happy to see you here tonight...You are quite knowledgeable regarding computers and issues that we are concerned about and have been such a big help.

I don't understand why the QCommunity Team has felt it necessary to indicate our email and IP addresses, even if they are only visible to us...It only causes concern regarding security issues on this site.

I haven't been logged on for a couple of days and, when I logged back on tonight, I found that some of my settings had to be "reset", as they were all screwed up?...It doesn't exactly make one feel that this site is being handled by a very professional Tech Team...more like students involved in a class for computer programming and we are a testing site!...lol

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Where to Find Your Activity

wildflowers wrote:

dooBdoo...I'm so happy to see you here tonight...You are quite knowledgeable regarding computers and issues that we are concerned about and have been such a big help.

I don't understand why the QCommunity Team has felt it necessary to indicate our email and IP addresses, even if they are only visible to us...It only causes concern regarding security issues on this site.

I haven't been logged on for a couple of days and, when I logged back on tonight, I found that some of my settings had to be "reset", as they were all screwed up?...It doesn't exactly make one feel that this site is being handled by a very professional Tech Team...more like students involved in a class for computer programming and we are a testing site!...lol

Thanks for the kind words, @MyShadowLove!  I try to help but honestly there have been so many other posters who have jumped in and offered excellent advice, directions, technical support.  I've probably learned as much (or more) from them as I've been able to give in the way of assistance.

It's called LAYGO (Learn As You GO).Robot LOL

I'm sorry your settings had a snafu.  So far, mine seem to be holding.  I know how you feel about the personal information.  I do understand they're offering us a method of sharing our email address with others if we choose, but the IP address is really only something the moderators need to see.   It reminds me of Facebook, in the way that they offer all these methods of sharing personal data and expect all the users to know how to protect themselves.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova