Honored Contributor

Re: When you "HEART" someone

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

@Cakers3   I'm ever to careful not to duplicate previously posted topics but when I put "heart" in the subject matter, there was a list but nothing related to heart posting.that's why I am asking....so sorry for the duplication

@Just Bling  You asked if this has been discussed before.  I only answered your question and as I said-it's ok.

I actually wanted to post a warning that the Heart threads sometimes turn rude to those of us who like HeartHeartHeart

I thought, though, it might poof so I didn't.

You don't have to apologize to me at all-it was not meant to be unkind.

It's all good.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I think many of us also “heart” a post to express sympathy or empathy. I’m not especially good at verbalizing condolences, etc but like that I can show support through a ❤️.

Honored Contributor

There aren't any rules about hearts. You can do it for whatever reason you want. Heart  Some days I give everyone in the Deer threads a heart because they make me feel so good. It's just a nice thing to do.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I like what they said.  Nice way to acknowledge posts.  Glad this board has this feature.

Honored Contributor

I heart a comment to acknowledge I read it whether they agree with me or not.

I heart a comment I agree with.  

Esteemed Contributor

When I post I like to heart all who commented because they took the time to do that. I also agree with what they said or they made me laugh, cry or just because it moved me at the moment. As @Kachina624 said we have great posters here who take the time to post fabulous well thought out threads. ❤️

Honored Contributor

I agree and/or I like. 

Honored Contributor

I want to add...my hearts would mean something additional if I start the thread.  In that case, I often give hearts to the responders to acknowledge that they took time to answer.  

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I heart people back when they heart me. When I think to do it, that is. If I don't, it's not deliberate.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I give them to show I agree or like what is posted.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin