Esteemed Contributor

16ED3AC7-A3CC-40F6-92C4-96ECF28AFEB0.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Re: I love flowers

[ Edited ]

Me too!   

This year I have petunias, profusion zinnias, moonflower, black eyed susan vine, coleus and cosmos. 

The moonflower and black eyed susan vine, I started from seed had some cold mornings and are doing as well as they could. Cosmos have yet to flower.  Everything in pots as I am in an apartment with a 6x12 deck. Downstairs by my door I have peony and southern wood.  

Honored Contributor

Me too! In fact, at my local grocery store there was a dahlia like yours, godi, only pink instead of the purple Heart

Honored Contributor

@godi Beautiful picture💖

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@godi   I have loved flowers for most of my life and always had flower gardens wherever I lived.  I remember one year when I was very young and my father surprised me when he came home from work one day with two boxes of pansies, and we knelt together and planted them.

It's funny what the mind remembers and this one is so vivid it's as though it were yesterday.Woman Very Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@godi   The flower is beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I love flowers too and saw the most perfectly shaped rose the other day.  A definite work of God.  It was pink to boot!  Just beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I am crazy for flowers!  When I am walking I am always amazed at the vast array of lovely and different flowers!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor
What a beautiful memory @LindsaysGrandma
Trusted Contributor

Flowers are one of the many things I love about summer. I spend time everyday watering or removing dead leaves and hopefully soon picking the dahlias. It's just a simple thing but gives me joy everyday.