When you "HEART" someone

[ Edited ]

What does that actually mean to you???

*  you read the post

*  you agree with the thought process

*  you like what was said

*  you just like sending "hearts"

*  something else?

I don't know, has it ever been discussed??

Honored Contributor

Re: When you "HEART" someone

@Just Bling    It could be any of your first 3 choices depending on what was written.  Sometimes I give hearts just because it's obvious the author has put a lot of effort into creating a well-written post. 

We have some great writers here on the boards.  It's a real shame so many threads are thoughtlessly zapped and these creations which took time and effort to write are so quickly destroyed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

For me, it means I read the post and I agree with all or most of the post and like what was said!

Trusted Contributor

For me, it's if I strongly agree with/like what was posted.  There are plenty of postings that I agree with but I don't like to get carried away with giving hearts to everything.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Just Bling    It could be any of your first 3 choices depending on what was written.  Sometimes I give hearts just because it's obvious the author has put a lot of effort into creating a well-written post. 

We have some great writers here on the boards.  It's a real shame so many threads are thoughtlessly zapped and these creations which took time and effort to write are so quickly destroyed. 

@Kachina624 ....well, I am definitely giving you "Hearts" for a well written and heartfelt post.

Honored Contributor

All of the first three.

I Heart if somebody tags me but no response is needed-just to let them know I read it (unless it's a snarky remark-those I ignore)

I Heart in agreement with a post but sometimes I'll respond as to why I agree.  Or to acknowledge an opposing POV written without malice.

I Heart sometimes to let an OP know her post was read because sometimes a poster is ignored.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

For me, it means,

I agree with the post.

I acknowledge I read a reply addressed to me.

I also give a like thanking those who replied to one of my threads, even if they don't agree with it, as long as, it isn't a nasty comment directed at me or anyone else.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read it.(sometimes I'm acknowledging a comment to me)...❤️.agree with it..❤️..like what was said!❤️  I don't think this has been discussed before...not sure...good topic and question. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I give "hearts" for posts that I agree with.  If it's something I like, I will post something to the poster and also try to thank them for taking their time in letting us know about something. 

If it's something I disagree with, I do NOT leave a "heart" and, depending on time and my mood, I may or may not leave a comment to that poster.  I have strong opinions about things, but I'm not unreasonable and try to weigh both sides.  However, if opinions are "way out" there and totally ridiculous (in my view), I'm not one to linger and posts argumentative thoughts....to me, that is a waste of time and utterly ridiculous.  JMO

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling   Actually this has been discussed a few times but it's ok to discuss it again.

Most posters  Heart  for the same reasons, I think.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh