Respected Contributor

When the stay at home first started, I got busy and did a lot of organizing and projects around home.  Read a lot of books and enjoyed what I thought would be a short time off work to stay home and relax.

Well as time went on and stay at home became longer, I am way past feeling that way, I feel kind of down and sluggish, think I'm going to do this or that today and end up doing practically nothing.  Any get up and go and planning to do things at home has left.  I have started getting out but sometimes don't even want to make the effort to get ready and go as am finding the way things are being out kind of depressing. More and more people out, but ignoring each other.  It is not a good atmosphere.

One thing I would advise is to stay away from the news, everything is bad enough without going over the top with sensationalized headlines and reporting what may happen or if this happens.  We don't know what is going to happen and their guessing games posing as news makes things worse.    Between riots and the virus, the news is just scary. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I don't know. I'm sorry.

DH is works in a hospital. Me insurance.  We are both working. 

Both of our sons have lost their jobs  

DH needs to talk about it. I need to not hear it. 

It's a uncomfortable balance.

I pray a lot.

I'm in that camp with your DH.

I'm working at home now, too. DS has been hanging out here but has kept his apt thinking he'll be called back to work, soon.

We have chatted a bit about him packing up and moving back in. He's open to it, just not until later this summer.

Prayers and a lit candle for your family.

Honored Contributor

Maybe put some earbuds in and go for a walk. I always feel better when I do. Even if it's just up the street and back. 

Esteemed Contributor

I tell myself every day is a new day. In the evenings I feel more mentally drained than physically drained. I start again each day. Time will pass. It always does. Better days ahead.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

You already know how everyone's life is tricky at times. Right now, we are almost all navigating our own tricky bits. So be extra patient with yourself. This is your life. Take a look, and whatever is in your life right now that you feel a negative emotion about almost every time you think about it, do whatever you can to remove that feeling from your awareness. Doesn't matter what it is, how big or small, what you choose to do or not do about it. Just stop paying attention to that negative thing. Do that over and over (that's where the patience comes in!) I wish you well.

Respected Contributor

A walk outside will really help you.

Honored Contributor

Well --- right now it's hard --- it's just plain old hard!!!!  We've all been experiencing this stuff for months and months and all of this is something we've never had to go through.  Then, all of this extra negatvity with the riots, etc.  It's a real brain drain!  I have had to start limiting the amount of time that I watch the news!  I just can't keep watching it all day and night because I get so anxious, depressed and stressed out.  So, I would say -- first off --- yes, it's important to stay informed, but watch it for a bit --- then turn it off!!! Watch some old comedy shows or listen to some fun music.  Getting outside for a bit really helps me a lot.  When all else fails, this really clears out the cob webs.  I have days when I am not productive at all.  It does bother me, yes, but I'm trying not to dwell on it.  I figure, if it doesn't get done today -- so what?  Is the world going to end because I didn't do it???  No!  Don't compare your so-called successes or failures to someone else's.  It may not seem like it right now, but just remember --- this, too, shall pass!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Imtep said:   Sorry, I have to tips for you. I've been in a hole for a long time, unable to get out. I have one repeating thought on a way out (which I'll not share). It's the only choice ... our other rights and liberties have been taken away. There's nothing left.  

@Imtep ,   I'm concerned about your feelings of only one way out, and that that is a repeating thought for you.  Know that people care very much about how you are feeling.

Even though you do not want to elaborate here, please talk to someone trustworthy in your life about those feelings.  Please keep reminding yourself, "this too shall pass".   Anything to interrupt a single minded thought that leads to despair and desperation.  

As hard as it is to see now, keep in mind that present reality will change.  In the meantime, there are some good steps and ideas in this thread to get out of a hole.  Do consider the ones that would work for you, and talk to your doctor also for professional guidance.

You are right to be concerned about the restriction of civil liberties, but again, have faith that the system will once again achieve balance, and freedoms and choices will once more expand.

Take care!   

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse ...............so sorry to hear you were ill.  Im glad that you were not on the serious side and are recovering.  I hope you continue to feel better each day.  Its a good thing that you found things to do to help keep your mind busy.

God bless

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

The thing that made the biggest difference for me was to stop watching the news, completely. I went from watching it most of the day, to just checking it occasionally, to not at all.  Not-at-all made the biggest difference.  My focus shifted. 

I also force myself to go outside, even on days when I might not feel like it.  There’s something about the outdoors, the fresh air and sunshine that I find healing.  If I don’t have the energy to walk, I sit outside and listen to the birds. 

I took a photo of this song sparrow singing its heart out the other day.  It reminds me that there are still wonderful things in the world. 

DSC00846 Eastern Song Sparrow (4).JPG