Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx @I am in the hole beside you.You described my feelings so well that it is like we share hearts.I will read this thread hoping for advice that will inspire me to get going forward and hope that something works for you too.

Respected Contributor

Please turn off the news and if you have Netflix watch this delightful documentary on our feathered friends. I was feeling down yesterday and happened upon this and it lifted my spirits right up. Big smiles in spite of myself. I hope it does the same for you and for anyone who needs it.

.Is 'Dancing with the Birds' available to watch on Netflix in ...

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I had the coronavirus so although I wanted to do a lot of things while I was home, my body wouldn't let me. It was too busy fighting the virus to leave me with energy to do much else. I thank God my symptoms weren't severe and I didn't have to be hospitalized but I experienced severe fatigue and could only perform small tasks before having to rest.  Even though I couldn't do too much cleaning, etc., I found little things to do to keep me from getting bored and completing small tasks gave me a sense of accomplishment. For example, I organized my dresser drawers, folding my clothes using Marie Kondo's KonMari method and I was pretty pleased with the results! I also knitted a few dish cloths which is relaxing in and of itself. I plan to start walking again with DH because that's something I really miss. We have a treadmill but it's not the same. Anyway, if you can find a little something to help you pass the time each day and especially if it's something productive, it can do wonders for your outlook! 

So glad you are recovering. You fought the disease and are still doing everything you can to fight your way back to wellness.  Although it must be exhasting, you're making every effort to succeed. Best wishes to you.

Honored Contributor

Yes, so much happening in our country,and the world, it effects some of us more than others, i have depression, for so many years, i do need to say ,for those that have never been seriously  diagnosed with depression,now you have some idea how we that have to live each day with this ,dark cloud ,now know what it can be like.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Advice I've received from a professional that has helped me through this time. I have had the same issues with motivation and feelings, and I lived with depression and anxiety long before this.

Go easy on yourself-we are living through a time that is unprecedented 

Seek any small positivity-I follow positive news pages on Instagram. Limit news exposure, social media exposure including forums

Listen to music-classical works well for me for stress relief. But I love all kinds of music

Physical activity is a must-exercise, especially outside. 

With household chores and projects-break then.down into smaller projects so you won't feel overwhelmed. Reward yourself in a way you enjoy after you accomplish a task. Like a show or movie on Netflix or elsewhere at night. Like some ice cream or any favorite food or drink. 

I have finally accomplished organizing my jewelry and some other projects I'd put off for years. I feel a bit lighter now that my bedroom surroundings are cleaner and less cluttered. It has motivated me to do more.

Don't pay attention to the pandemic super organizers and compare yourself-you do you.

If you feel depressed and anxious please reach out to professionals. It's very healthy to do so. These are health issues, just like any other health issues we seek help for.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Limit your news to twice a day--morning and evening.

And remember, This, too, shall pass.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Yes, so much happening in our country,and the world, it effects some of us more than others, i have depression, for so many years, i do need to say ,for those that have never been seriously  diagnosed with depression,now you have some idea how we that have to live each day with this ,dark cloud ,now know what it can be like.

Yes indeed. I wish it would make others more empathetic and less judgmental of people with these mental health issues. Probably not, but one can hope.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. Yesterday was hard for me, I was being driven mad by both my partner and my neighbors at the same time. It was challenging. I still had to cook and clean despite being driven to the brink of madness.  I am going to take a lot of the advice here starting with less news. I can't stand the news anymore and must break the addiction to it. I've been sitting outside a whole lot lately, something I never used to do. Enjoying the birds and fresh air. Today I will have some concrete tasks to do and will make time to maybe give myself a pedicure. I wish you all the best in your struggles and you input means so much to me. It's like you're this community of kind thoughtful people who help me even though you don't even know me. Means a lot when life is so much turmoil and even those close to you sometimes do nothing to help you.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954& @Grouchomarx, I empathize with you both. I think every one of us is trying hard to find our way. My husband is exhibiting signs of depression and sometimes rage at the world (more so than usual Smiley Happy). So it makes it doubly hard for me not to get sucked into all that along with my own difficulties with everything upside-down.

I do find that a long walk helps me immensely. I usually take our pup, too. I've always been more comfortable with a routine, but right now, that seems so constrictive that I'm trying to wing it more.

@rms1954, I think talking to a professional would be a good step for you. It might help you manage the darkness. Talking but also maybe some pharmaceutical help as well. It might just take the edge off a little.

I wish you both, and all of us, a way to find ourselves again.

@Texasmouse, I am so glad you are on the mend. Did anyone else in your family get sick? My daughter and her whole family have recovered.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx You are not alone.  I'm feeling the same way most of the time.  While I feel very fortunate that I don't have to worry too much about finances right now and I live in a nice quiet comfortable home & community, everything going on has made me very upset...to the point that I feel almost paralyzed with inaction to move and get things done!!

I've been focusing on trying to get one small thing accomplished each day and spending a lot of my time trying to figure out why I'm so tired...is it just because of current events, or is it something within me?  Maybe I have low B12 levels.  This is something I've been researching and I plan on speaking with my doctor soon about.