Super Contributor

Re: What's hard to find in your area's stores?

Lysol wipes    but going to make my own. 

1 cup water , 6 tbs alcohol, 2 tbs dish detergent, roll of paper towels cut in half

Or if you want to use a spray bottle

2 cups water, 1 cup alcohol, 1 tbs dish detergent

Honored Contributor

@4kitties  If it wasn't just me, I would have considered it but I think it would last me through the next pandemic so I decided to be patient and see if the normal ones came back.  Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 

🤣🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can't find:  hand sanitizers, disinfecting wipes, disinfectant sprays, masks, gloves, isopropyl alcohol, bleach or bleach products, any type of disinfectant cleaners, elastic to make masks, rice, canned kidney beans. 

Difficult to find: hydrogen peroxide Fresh meat, poultry, pasta, eggs, half & half, milk, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.

Plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit. 

Respected Contributor

@nmurray wrote:

Here in Los Angeles it is hard to find eggs, flour, yeast, pasta, TP, sanitizer or wipes.

A couple of weeks ago I was able to get a bag of King Arthur flour as they were putting it out, wish I had bought 2. Since then nothing - I love to bake and cannot find flour. I was able to order whole wheat and rye flours from Whole Foods but no bread or AP flour. Butter, cheese, meat, milk etc has not been an issue of late. I was able to get into the grocery store early yesterday and found most everything except eggs, flour, yeast or pasta. They say not to go out more than once a week which is fine but you cannot always get everything. But, we can also make do with what we do have.

@nmurray yes, we all do fall back on "making do."   not such a bad thing. i've lived through it before and one gets creative!

Honored Contributor

Enough cashiers.

Honored Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

I haven’t been able to find a thermometer anywhere.  I hope we don’t need one.

Also we haven’t been able to find hand sanitizer.  However having two cats, I use Lysol wipes all the time and keep them on hand.

@OKPrincess I had no hand sanitizer.  Somebody here told me to try Bath and Body Works, and I was able to get it.  I was able to order it twice, in limited amounts.

This is what I've noticed.  If you check BBW early morning, like 7 AM Eastern time, they might have one of their hand sanitizers available - not the bottles, but the packages of 5 separate squeeze bottlles of one ounce each.  If you see that, order it right away.  Check every day starting as early as you can, and check each day.

I'd also check Amazon for a thermometer.  I have one, but I know I've seen it listed at least once in their best sellers category for health and household.

@stuyvesant  I have the little bottles from BBW bought through the years and thank goodness found them.  Great for keeping in my purse. I will check online stores. Thanks for the tip!

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

I haven’t been able to find a thermometer anywhere.  I hope we don’t need one.

Also we haven’t been able to find hand sanitizer.  However having two cats, I use Lysol wipes all the time and keep them on hand.

@OKPrincess I had no hand sanitizer.  Somebody here told me to try Bath and Body Works, and I was able to get it.  I was able to order it twice, in limited amounts.

This is what I've noticed.  If you check BBW early morning, like 7 AM Eastern time, they might have one of their hand sanitizers available - not the bottles, but the packages of 5 separate squeeze bottlles of one ounce each.  If you see that, order it right away.  Check every day starting as early as you can, and check each day.

I'd also check Amazon for a thermometer.  I have one, but I know I've seen it listed at least once in their best sellers category for health and household.

@stuyvesant  I have the little bottles from BBW bought through the years and thank goodness found them.  Great for keeping in my purse. I will check online stores. Thanks for the tip!

You might want to see if they are still good. I think they expire after one year. 

Honored Contributor

@4kitties Found it!  If you have a Publix, they were very well stocked.  Except tissues.  Apparently I will have to become a street walker for them if I catch a cold or my allergies get worse.

Valued Contributor

Impossible to find is still TP.  Why?  Did they quit making it?