Honored Contributor

Re: What is your decorating style?

On 1/21/2015 SoX said:
On 1/20/2015 brii said: I like Candace too.

So do I ... can't find her on any of the decorating shows anymore, though.

Interesting that I ran across this thread. I'm in the throes of getting just the right leather chair for my living room ... just ordered the "perfect one" yesterday; this is the third try and I'm hoping it's the charm.

SoX

what did you get?

Respected Contributor

I'm more traditional/classic (clean lines not too formal/ornate but not too modern) ...I love deep rich wood....love leather.....love the color blue....we have a lot of blue accents around in our house (wallpaper, drapes, blinds, etc.)...my bedroom is done in muted sand tones and blues...accessories are all seaside themed in the bedroom/masterbath including the wallpaper....it's my ocean away from the ocean since we have no ocean where I live....while I was never a beach bunny per say I do miss living near the ocean.

Respected Contributor

My style is not 'matchy matchy". Traditional mixed with pieces from Indonesia, China , India, Greece and Mexico. Some wrought iron wall accessories and tables. Lots of wood. Paintings from places we have lived on the walls. Wall colors a creamy yellow with two accent walls in chocolate brown (great room and master bedroom). Accent colors red and dark blue.
Valued Contributor

On 1/21/2015 shoekitty said:

Early Sanford and Son

this is great.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

At this point, I have NO idea!

Just went through a cross country move, and before I left, put a ton of stuff into a consignment shop and gave the rest away. I have nothing! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Only kept my kitchen stuff. It'll be interesting to start from scratch.

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 1/20/2015 SnowPink said:
On 1/20/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

Thanks guys! I used to never be into interior decorating. I didn't even have curtains in my first place. My sister got me into it and I started to go to High Point with her to look at all the furniture and now I am really into it. THis is my kitchen looking into my sun room where I am now, on the computer and watching TV. We spend a lot of time here becuase it is close to the food!

photo k4.png

What did you get in your box right there? Smiley Happy

I can't remember, this pic was taken a while ago. Probably makeup!!

Irish,

Your home is how I imagined. Elegant, distinctive and warm. I love your style. The layout of your kitchen is very inviting and makes me want to cook. Haha, although I will REFRAIN myself!. I love the cornices and coping connecting the cabinets to the ceiling. That must have been a job for the workmen! I love that you can see the outdoors from the kitchen and family room. Yes, being close to food and water is a good thing!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/21/2015 shoekitty said:
On 1/21/2015 SoX said:
On 1/20/2015 brii said: I like Candace too.

So do I ... can't find her on any of the decorating shows anymore, though.

Interesting that I ran across this thread. I'm in the throes of getting just the right leather chair for my living room ... just ordered the "perfect one" yesterday; this is the third try and I'm hoping it's the charm.

SoX

what did you get?

SK ... here is a pic: My LR is traditional ... sofa and chair are beige, beige carpeting and drapes. Three traditional rugs -- varying sizes and colors; I change sofa pillows often, depending on the season.

NMF15_H79XX

Esteemed Contributor

n/m

Honored Contributor

Enter at your own risk

Respected Contributor

Hi, deep, I arrange what I have the best I can, too. It's my mother's furniture (she liked provincial French) + some antique Chinese pieces (ABC Furniture used to have _amazing_ sales during the offseason down here). The look works for me, anyhow.

On the walls a lot of art, watercolors, photographs and paintings. Some are by me (studio art major), most by professional artists who are friends or old classmates.

ETA Love the sound of the other posters' rooms, and love the pictures posted by Irshgrl--inviting and charming.

I have a challenge in that my living room is a long room with L angles (no doors) leading to other areas. It looks pretty in pictures, but the sofas are too far apart to be good for gatherings. Anyhow, unless it is summer, in Florida we go to the patio which is comfy central. Wicker and cushions and a nice big table with wicker chairs (purchased on EasyPay Day years ago on QVC).