Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think still needs to be invented?

@SouthernBee wrote:

@deepwaterdotter: yes but I don't like Gatorade. SouthernBee 

I agree.  I'm using the Thirst Quencher Perform Lemonade flavor.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Pet food that will make our furbabies live longer...a lot longer, like long enough for us to have them live with us for the most of our own lives.Heart

This makes me want to cry! I would give anything if our pets could live as long as we do! I miss my past pets terribly. 

I suppose the good is that we then make room for new furbabies in our lives, where we might not should they live as long as we do. 

But oh to have more time (and good healthy time) with those that have gone over the bridge!

Regular Contributor

Time Travel

Honored Contributor

I'm still waiting for pantyhose that don't snag or run!

Honored Contributor

Right now, outdoor air conditioning.  94 on the first day of fall . . . just no.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I don’t know if they have these or not. Why not a wheelchair that lifts up and down electrically for people so they can look someone in the face to kiss them or talk to them? I see the lowness of the wheelchair on TV and how it being higher would benefit many. Maybe it is a danger for ones that could fall out but there are many safety features available today.

I saw a Father and daughter at her wedding dancing on TV and if he had a lift wheelchair he would have been able to dance from his chair easier. I am sure they would not be cheap or insurances would give them a hard time but there is a GO Fund me site now that can be set up to help.

I think because we do not have a handicap ourselves we forget to try and make things easier for others. They like to be independent themselves and we need to help them when they want help. I grew up to treat others as you want to be treated and that is how I live my life.

What's amazing is that this technology is available and started it's development back in the 70's at a Naval think tank in San Diego called NOSC (formerly Naval Electronics Lab) and now named something else (sorry, I don't know its current name).

But much research pertaining to this was developed there and their research and development departments were highly successful, and today the results of this research is out there for people to utilize.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=sitting+to+standing+wheelchair&oq=sitting+standing+wheelchair&gs_l=p...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

A kinder, gentler way to take blood pressure, do mammograms and MRI's (I know that there are "open MRI" places but not sure if it is convered by insurance at the same rate)

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Trusted Contributor

A waterproof pet bed with washable slip covers.  I hate washing my dog's bed, because it never gets quite clean and most pet beds don't hold up in the washing machine.  I would love to have a plastic, waterproof bed that could be easily wiped clean with wipes and then have interchangeable slip covers to zip around it.  While it's true that they make pet beds with removable covers, smells and accidents can leak through the covers and compromise the material underneath.  

Respected Contributor

The next invention I'd like to see completed is the Quantum Computer to help solve some of the previously mentioned problems. I also think we don't know what we don't know. My child is working on a doctorate in particle physics at an ivy league school. Research and experimentation lead to applications that we're likely not fully aware of yet. I'd like to see us have the ability to end suffering from illness, hunger, natural disasters, war, etc. and make new explorations.

Honored Contributor

A cure for Alzheimer's disease and dementia.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~