Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think still needs to be invented?

@SouthernBee wrote:

@SharkE: Totally agree. Love the vitamix but loud! Had colonscopy two weeks ago and still have trouble drinking the prep without gagging!!!!😝😝😝

Did you use the Mira-lax in Gatorade solution?  That's what my doc uses.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Somethings to offset noise pollution

Exposure to continuous, unwanted noise is not healthy.  Those that live in areas of concentrated population cannot control what they hear and when they hear it.  

I would like a device that would reflect loud exhaust back to the vehicles that create it.  I do not like to hear it and they do. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden, when I do hard boiled eggs, it takes about 15 minutes for a hard rolling boil.  I set the timer (that dings) as my reminder.  Do the same for laundry, and stuff in the oven and on the stove top.

Valued Contributor

@rrpell wrote:

Somethings to offset noise pollution

Exposure to continuous, unwanted noise is not healthy.  Those that live in areas of concentrated population cannot control what they hear and when they hear it.  

I would like a device that would reflect loud exhaust back to the vehicles that create it.  I do not like to hear it and they do. 

I agree.  Noise is hard for our ears and our souls.  

One of of my best purchases by far has been Bose Noise Cancelling ear phones. These are not head phones, more ear buds.  They are life changing, but not perfect.  I wear them constantly in airports, where the noise level is awful.  And of course on planes.  I am in both five days a week.  I cannot do without them.

i like your idea of making the noise go back to the person or object!  What a great idea!

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@SharkE: Totally agree. Love the vitamix but loud! Had colonscopy two weeks ago and still have trouble drinking the prep without gagging!!!!😝😝😝

I just had hemmorroids, but, when you see red on t paper scares you to death, so, week later I had the test. First time at 65. Now, I'm drinking more water, taking orange dietary fiber supplement (Metamucil) got suppositories Dr. written that cost 104 bucks with insurance !  Internal hemmoroids are a horror.

I knew I couldn't swill down a whole gallon of that Golightly stuff, so, I took Movi Prep that was 4 glasses a day for 2 days. Insurance won't cover it, but, only 100 , so, it's worth it.

Honored Contributor

A battery-type source of power that lasts a lot longer than today's batteries and is less expensive to replace. 

Even Li-Ion batteries have too-short limits and must be replaced. IMO rechargeable batteries are not a true solution but just a finger in the...dyk...wall.

Something that erases all the differences and negatives between wired power and battery power. Something Star-Trek-y that would last for years at full power.

Among so many other things, think what it would mean after hurricanes and earthquakes.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

A way for scientists to fight back against the wrath of Mother Nature: hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, etc. If they could just figure out a way to prevent them before they happen.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see this happen in our lifetime...

This just sounds like opening the door to bigger disaster. Once man can control the weather, there will be those who use it negatively and for political and financial benefit.

I hope we never learn to control the weather. I don't see that power being used in a good way at all. Another power that mankind will abuse.

Honored Contributor

Pet food that will make our furbabies live longer...a lot longer, like long enough for us to have them live with us for the most of our own lives.Heart

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter: yes but I don't like Gatorade. SouthernBee 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE: Wow- you have had a lot to deal with. Never liked the Golightly stuff.