Honored Contributor

What do you think still needs to be invented?

I think more info on the subject of helping elders out for the family of elders is needed.

Every now and then something new is on the market and It's like yes, I can use that. 

What would you like to see come about?  

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think still needs to be invented?

I'd like to see someone develop a hearing aid app that would let people use their smart phone and a bluetooth headset as a precisely tuned hearing aid. Professional hearing aids are absurdly expensive and need to be tweaked by an audiologist. 

I think you could develop a relatively easy to use app that would let someone put the headset on, listen to a series of test tones in the different frequency ranges and tap when they can hear, or cannot hear, the tones, and that the phone would then use an equalizer type program to take the sound picked up by the microphone of the headset and amplify the necessary portions to the level required by the user. Modern smartphones are many times more powerful and capable than the best hearing aids and half the population seems to be wearing bluetooth headsets anyway, so why not use them as a cheap and effective hearing aid? Bluetooth headsets are quite affordable also.

It should be possible to drive the cost of giving people better hearing down from thousands of dollars to under a hundred dollars using older smartphones and a bluetooth headset. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Cures for cancer and HIV.

Respected Contributor

I don’t know if they have these or not. Why not a wheelchair that lifts up and down electrically for people so they can look someone in the face to kiss them or talk to them? I see the lowness of the wheelchair on TV and how it being higher would benefit many. Maybe it is a danger for ones that could fall out but there are many safety features available today.

I saw a Father and daughter at her wedding dancing on TV and if he had a lift wheelchair he would have been able to dance from his chair easier. I am sure they would not be cheap or insurances would give them a hard time but there is a GO Fund me site now that can be set up to help.

I think because we do not have a handicap ourselves we forget to try and make things easier for others. They like to be independent themselves and we need to help them when they want help. I grew up to treat others as you want to be treated and that is how I live my life.

Esteemed Contributor

Better cyber-security.

Esteemed Contributor

Better self driving cars so older folks don’t have to give up their independence and still go out shopping, restaurants etc. 

Honored Contributor

A way for scientists to fight back against the wrath of Mother Nature: hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, etc. If they could just figure out a way to prevent them before they happen.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see this happen in our lifetime...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

A broad-spectrum vaccine that protects against all 200+ strains of the Common Cold. 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Better cyber-security.

Amen!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like something that would let me know BEFORE  a pot starts to rapidly boil on the stove.  I will heat up something and before I know it is it overflowing  on the stove... would be nice if a pot with a lid had some kind of buzzer or whistle to  let me know the pot is coming to a boil.  Save me a  lot of mess and clean up!

I know this is simular to a whistling tea kettle, but I would like this for sauce pan lids and it would  whistle BEFORE  it was going to over flow.