Respected Contributor

Re: What are the best baking dishes you have?

I use Pyrex, Corningware, and Le Crueset only. 

Never had a problem...

Honored Contributor

Command Performance. HSN used to sell it. Chef Jamie Gwen would rep it.

Trusted Contributor

I've used my Emile Henry the most, but everything is good.  It really comes down to your taste and budget.  The Pioneer Woman pieces at Wal Mart are fabulous, but so is Pyrex, Polish stoneware, Temptations, the old Lydia Bastianitch (sp?) line QVC used to carry...tons of choices.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

Just a patriot here.

Pyrex and Corning Ware - although the French invented the glass to take the heat, it was the USA who used the technology for the Space Program that employed many and got us to the moon and back.  Keep on keeping on USA!

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

My recipes only understand Pyrex and Corning Ware.... so I will stick with them!

Honored Contributor

I am surprised nobody mentioned Longaberger or Pampered Chef cookware.  Those brands often come up here.  I remember everybody I worked with had Grandma Bonnie's pie plate (wasn't it a pie plate???).

Esteemed Contributor

I still like my Pyrex.  I have a set my grandmother gave me as a wedding gift in 1969.  I am minus one lid but it is my go to set.  I collect old pyrex at yard sales and antique stores when I can find it.

Honored Contributor

I agree with everyone who said Corning ware. Mine are 47 years old - they were a wedding gift - and are still in perfect condition.

Honored Contributor

I have several sizes of LeCreuset baking dishes, also several sizes of Portmeirion Botanical baking dishes.  I have Fiestaware individual casseroles that I use often and are fun.  The only bakeware I purchased from QVC was one set of polka dot Temptations which I never used due everything I read about their cracking. 

Respected Contributor

@barrel racer

You said you collect vintage Pyrex.  Yesterday, I went to a local consignment shop to pick up some items that had not sold (due to the shop's insistence on overpricing, but that's another topic)......

While there, I spotted a set of three  vintage  nesting Pyrex  mixing bowls in a color and pattern I'd never seen before.  The price wasn't bad at a little  under $15 for the set. I don't need bowls and only love to collect the old covered casseroles, but would like to identify the style.

Can you possibly give a hint as to what the pattern of those bowls is called and when it was an active pattern?.......it was kind of a dull brownish-grayish color with a speckled granite look to it, and it had a blue floral pattern on the sides, either similar to or identical to cornflower.