Honored Contributor

Re: What are the best baking dishes you have?

@chickenbutt

What a sweet guy your DH is Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I have many older pieces of Pyrex and Corningware (blue flower design) which I still use these were my moms BUT I love all my pieces of Fiestaware I've been growing over the past year or 2.

my fav is the 13x9 dish which I use Many times a week.

no crazing, cracking & does keep food hot (and I've done lots of cold serving in them too!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I am surprised nobody mentioned Longaberger or Pampered Chef cookware.  Those brands often come up here.  I remember everybody I worked with had Grandma Bonnie's pie plate (wasn't it a pie plate???).

I like my Pampered Chef stoneware too.

Super Contributor

I liked to go to the thrift stores to look at all the 'stuff'. I used to see a lot of Corningware there and have purchased some pieces there also. However, since the economy declined in 2008-09, I haven't seen as much there as before, nor do I go there as much, since I do not need any more 'stuff'. I have a combination of Corningware, Pyrex, TempTations and Polish Stonwware for baking and serving. Love the Polish Stoneware that QVC used to sell, but it is quite pricey. The only problem I have had with TempTations is crazing, but I still use it. Have a lot of Corningware and Pyrex before the TempTation craze, and never thought twice about getting rid of it. They are still my go to casseroles and bowls for baking in (not cakes) and serving.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio

Thanks for the info about the Homestead pattern.  Will file that away in my brain for future reference!

Honored Contributor

Depends on what I am cooking, but in order they are

Le Creuset for oven simmering

Fiesta for casseroles

The old, vintage Corning ware, Pyrex. for baking,  casseroles and such