Esteemed Contributor

What are the best baking dishes you have?

Hi, I am wondering what others use for baking dishes. I'm talking deep enough to make lasagna, baked zit, and also a roast and or chicken.

I have Rachel Rays set (bought approximately 4-5? years ago). I am disgusted with them because they have hairline cracks in them for awhile now. The cracks are not all the way through...yet. But every time I use them I worry they will totally crack.. Although I love the way they clean up, I don't think I will purchase hers again due to the cracking issue.

So I am just wondering if anyone likes Temptations, and or what others use and how they hold up. Also I don't want to break the bank buying baking dishes because its just DH and I, except if we have a few family dinners a year. (But we make extra of pasta dishes and freeze some for later, thus I prefer bigger sizes and not small quart sizes!).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

Re: What are the best baking dishes you have?

I still use my Mom's old CorningWare. Still think it's the best and indestructible.

Respected Contributor

Corningware - the very best. I have some of my own and some my Mother had - now that is really old.

Honored Contributor

Pyrex and Corningware (French White). All the ones I own are pretty old & all are in perfect condition. If I ever need more I will purchase the same brands. Newer brands don't seem to be of the same quality.

Trusted Contributor

When I got married, our very generous friend bought us every piece of Corning Ware made. I still have it all and it is still in perfect condition. 

I have Rachel's Bubble and Brown and Cucina bakers. I love the Cucina sets the best and have had no trouble with it. 

A lot of peole have complained about Temptations, but again, I own quite a bit of it in Cranberry in Floral Lace and love it too. No trouble with cracking like others have reported.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the replies, I will keep checking back.

PS) I have 1 piece of corning ware, but its small. I think I may purchase more. I agree its sturdy. (But I dont think it cleans up as well as Rachels but at least it doesnt crack for no reason so thats the main thing).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

Corningware and Pyrex for me, too. You can't beat either.  I've had most since I married in 1969.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a big fan of glass baking dishes like Corning and Pyrex.  I prefer procelain or the better ceramics.  To me the very best is Apilco, and I've got some of them from the Williams-Sonoma markdown tables over the years.

I think the Le Creuset pieces are great.  I've had no problem with them, and especially like the covered casseroles.  I haven't been dissapointed in the Emile Henry ones as well.  

As you'd guess, I shop the outlets, WS sales tables, and Le Creuset outlet stores a lot! 

Esteemed Contributor

Polish Pottery is my favorite.  Wide variety of shapes and sizes acquired over the years from T.N.Marx, Marshalls, Home Goods and Tuesday Morning.

Trusted Contributor

For making lasagne and casseroles I like boring, old Pyrex glass baking dishes.

For my bundt cakes I love my Nordic Ware bundt pan; that sucker was expensive but worth every dollar.