Esteemed Contributor

Interesting....  I've always wondered if weighted blankets really helped people sleep.  But washing it would be absolutely necessary for me.  Do you sleep sounder?  longer?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I saw a couple of videos on You Tube the other day comparing weighted blankets, so you might check that out.

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Interesting....  I've always wondered if weighted blankets really helped people sleep.  But washing it would be absolutely necessary for me.  Do you sleep sounder?  longer?

@tototwo ...I haven't bought one yet but I'm getting close...I have been doing a lot of research online...They are meant to be therapeutic in helping to reduce stress/anxiety and insomnia...so, therefore, to induce a more restful sleep...There are also claims that they have helped those with ADHD.

Some also come with a removable protective cover for washing...You want to be sure to get a good quality one...those with a breathable material such as cotton or bamboo and also glass bead fillers rather than plastic fillers as these features help in maintaining a more comfortable body temperature.

You can find a lot of information online.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~