Honored Contributor

Thank to our indefatigable daughter and her boredom during Zoom meetings, my husband and I have appointments scheduled for the first and second vaccine.

You'd have to understand the situation here in California, especially L.A County, to know what a jackpot we hit.

Granted it's a bit of a drive from the beach to Magic Mountain (closed and now a vaccine center), but we'll manage.

We go this Sunday morning for the first shot and three weeks later for the second. It's the Pfizer vaccine.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Congratulations!  If your daughter gets bored again, can she try booking my DH and me?  I think our state fell off the map regarding preparedness or anything else for that matter.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Happy to hear it, Suz (and Mr Suz Smiley Very Happy).  

Honored Contributor

Re: We scored today!

[ Edited ]

Oh, I wish I had a useful son 😏

Good news for the two of you!

Magic Mountain looks so depressing when we drive past it.  It was such a big deal when it opened.

Esteemed Contributor

Congrats, @suzyQ3 .  Who woud have thought Magic Mountain and Disneyland, Cal Expo, would be closed and used as vaccination centers.  Just crazy.   A friend and I were just talking about the chaos and randomness of who is able to get ahold of the vaccine in CA.

Esteemed Contributor
Congratulations! I’ve tried sporadically for my mother. I registered her with the county (we’re in Cook County in IL - the 2nd largest in the country), but we’re also supposed to try for appointments at various pharmacies. From what I can make out, that means I have to be on my computer at midnight when the next available date opens up (which means so is everyone else and the sites freeze up). Looks like Walgreens schedules a week in advance and (I think??) Osco is for the next day only?
Honored Contributor

I am happy for you, SusyQ and I understand how difficult it is to get the vaccines as I have encountered the same.  

In my case my niece took over my quest to get an app't. and she succeeded  informing me today I have one for next week!  My brother and sister-in-law's granddaughter persistently tried and also got them an appointment for next week.  Thanks to the younger generation we have our appointments!

I hope everyone will be vaccinated and as soon as more vaccines are available many more appointments available.  We all will get through this.

Esteemed Contributor

I was able to get appointments for Mr. Sunny and I for the beginning of March. I made the appointmens a few weeks ago, so it will be a good two months we will have waited to get the first shot.

I've been hearing that Johnson & Johnson is ready to put out their vaccine, which is a one-shot deal. You only get one shot and don't have to go back for a second one. I hope that we'll be able to get that one by the time of our appointment.

Good luck, everyone and stay safe.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Re: We scored today!

[ Edited ]

Let me give you a heads up in what could happen. My husband is an essential worker so he was given an appointment and told to be there by his employer. It was for 4:00 p.m. on a Friday 2 weeks ago at a high school in Redondo Beach. Everyone had to stay in their cars in line. Well at 5 p.m. the police who were monitoring the line told everyone to go home as they were done for the day. My husband told the police he had an appointment and the police told him " Sir, everyone has an appointment ". Now they are working on rescheduling but haven't been able to get appointments. Since you are going in the morning hopefully you will get is as planned but I think it might be way later in the day. Good luck and hopefully it goes smoothly.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 - That is great news. I got my hubby an appt and he was able to go yesterday for his first shot. He goes back in 3 weeks for the second. And, we lucked out, its only about a 1 1/2 from my house.

I'm in the next phase so I just have to wait it out and stay healthy in the interim.