Esteemed Contributor

Larry King passed at 87 from Covid.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Larry King R.I.P.

[ Edited ]

@patbz 

I can remember early mornings hearing his voice on the radio as I got ready for the day. 

Didn't follow him much in the past few years, but I know he was still working.  

Sad for everyone who has lost a loved one to this disease.

Honored Contributor

RIP, this horrific virus has taken way too many lives

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

Larry King also had a very bad heart, which did not help the situation.

His son, Larry King, Jr. just had an article in our paper about how he met his father, he was like 33 years old.  He and his father were going to open up a pizza parlor in a golf community close to my home.  They were going to branch out and open a few more in the Tampa area.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

He's had so many lives- with all the serious  health issues he's dealt with (& recovered from) over the years. When I heard he tested positive for covid - I had my doubts he's make it past this one. It's nonetheless incredibly sad. 

Respected Contributor

RIP Larry.

I met Larry several years ago through my work.  He was always nice to me. 

Condolences to his children............especially Larry Jr., a good man.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honestly, I'm not surprised to hear this.

May he rest in peace, and condolences to his family.😥

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@tampalady wrote:

Larry King also had a very bad heart, which did not help the situation.

His son, Larry King, Jr. just had an article in our paper about how he met his father, he was like 33 years old.  He and his father were going to open up a pizza parlor in a golf community close to my home.  They were going to branch out and open a few more in the Tampa area.  

@tampalady  what? larry king jr did not meet his father untill he was 33 years old? wow......

may he rest in peace and be free from pain. prayers for his loved ones.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Yes, his Mother was dying from cancer and thought she should get them together.  The son said that since he met his Dad, the relationship has been good.  

Respected Contributor

@tampalady @sunshine45 

Through my work, I also met Larry King Jr.  It's true he did not meet his father until he was an adult....his mother raised him.  He is such an honest, down to earth man.  We became friends and would get together for lunch or dinner whenever he was in town.  He is a good man.