Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 That is great news, hope you are able to get both shots.

I am in the last group in my state, general population. I hope and pray I can get the shots months from now, and that I won't get covid before then. So far things haven't been going well in my state as far as vaccine distribution.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

I empathize with all the posters, the lucky ones and the unlucky ones.

In our state, where the websites crash and the dispersal of the vaccine is not handled efficiently, we have a lottery for those over 65. I am insulted by this. We older people aren't good enough to get appointments. We have to sign up for the lottery and random drawings to pick the winner.

To me, the health department is saying, You don't matter. Just take your chances. And it's like one in 900,000.

The appointment site is available once a week, and fills up rapidly. You either go on at midnight or get up by 5 a.m. for a chance at an appointment.

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations @suzyQ3 !! When I got that call a few days ago to schedule us for the next day, I felt as if I had won the lottery. 

Louisiana's vaccine distribution is through individual pharmacies, not the county.  So you have to get through to a pharmacy and get on their waiting list.  Each pharmacy has been getting only 100 doses per week, due to the shortages.  I had tried phone, email, and in the case of Walgreens, their website.  I kept striking out, and then I'd just stop trying for a few days.  Finally I called a small independent pharmacy just 5 minutes away and the owner/pharmacist answered at 8am.  He put us on his list, which actually wasn't long at all.  Ten days later he called.  We got the Moderna vaccine and now have our cards with a February 24 date to return for the second dose.  My arm was sore for 2 days, but it's feeling much better today.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett