Honored Contributor

Re: Watch out for SPAM texts

I wonder if more people haven't gotten wary of these scammers.  I'm getting more and more of those "prizes" and the amount of money is going up and up.  Maybe they're getting desperate?

Honored Contributor

what i ended up doing at some point w/my cell phone was to make it where only the numbers on the list (online on my sprint acct there's a place where i can restrict it thusly) can send me texts.  the only hard part is when somebody changes their # i have to remember to go in and add/revise.

sorry for bad typing.  injury

Super Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

what i ended up doing at some point w/my cell phone was to make it where only the numbers on the list (online on my sprint acct there's a place where i can restrict it thusly) can send me texts.  the only hard part is when somebody changes their # i have to remember to go in and add/revise.

I am sorry that you have an injury. I  don't have that, but when I get those texts, I block them then. On our home phone, only numbers I have saved are allowed to get through. Saves a lot of time and frustration.

Honored Contributor

@DbinMD wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I am sorry that you have an injury. I  don't have that, but when I get those texts, I block them then. On our home phone, only numbers I have saved are allowed to get through. Saves a lot of time and frustration.

Thanks!  Smiley Happy  Doing a bit better today and can do regular two-hand typing for a bit but too much and the pain increases.  I just don't have the patience to do one-finger typing!  heh

What I cannot figure out on my phone is that when I get a call from an unwelcome number and I hit the red phone pic (like you're hanging up - or so I thought), they can still leave a message.  I don't have a thing right there on the screen while it's ringing that can block.  After the fact, I have to go into the recent calls, click on that one and then hit block.  That's not very efficient!   Plus, they can leave a msg. Most don't.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.   I should look around the phone more & see if there is a 'block' choice when it's ringing, like on a regular landline phone.   I cannot seem to see anything on the screen.  This is annoying.