Honored Contributor

They have a link that directs you to a collect a "prize", do not click on anything that looks odd

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Watch out for SPAM texts

It's terrible, isn't it to prey on gullible people?!! Thanks for looking out for the vulnerable or ignorant @I am still oxox . 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox This has been going on for years. I never click on any link sent by a "stranger" or a company I am not dealing with.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't even open links sent from family without checking with them personally. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I have a question that is somewhat related. If I get an email from someone I don't recognize I never even open it up ( sometimes it will also say this email has no subject). What I would like to know if its okay to open the email, just not click on an enclosed link or don't open up the email at all?

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2   I will open the email but never click on links.  

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh okay thanks.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox   In the same realm, I have read recently that on some spam emails if you go to the "Unsubscribe" part, that is also how the evil people get into your computer.

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox  same here!  I am getting many spam texts about USPS or UPS deliveries.  You can forward these texts to your carrier. Forward the text to 7726.  (SPAM)

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have a question that is somewhat related. If I get an email from someone I don't recognize I never even open it up ( sometimes it will also say this email has no subject). What I would like to know if its okay to open the email, just not click on an enclosed link or don't open up the email at all?

@Jordan2 

Yes, it's safe to click on and read the email, just don't click on any links within the email, including the 'unsubscribe' link.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.