Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I chose Instacart for my grocery delivery since I never liked shopping for my full weekly grocery at Walmart before the pandemic---their produce slection is awful and very limited, so is their deli selection .....bakery items arent that great either...

Instacart here partners with HEB groceries which demands excellence---  The shoppers always ask regarding a substitute if your first choice isnt  available....they take a photo of whats is available on the shelf and let you approve or go with a refund, Ive always had good communication with my shoppers, the delivery is fast....  I signed up for the yearly service $99 a year works out to around $10 a month, tips are optional, more so than a tip, mostly the shoppers ask for a 5 star rating (they get a bonus if they get that) and find it easy to get to $35 .....it just takes Tide Laundry Detergent and a 25 lb container of cat litter, or something else I can stock up on and wont have to order for awhile...But mostly I just do my weekly grocery shopping with them and 90% of the time they have all the items on my list....

One time my coffee pot died, and after checking Target, Walmart, and other options HEB even had the best price for the brand I like and beat the competitors.....

I feel the same way, @Spurt, although we always do leave a good tip. I figure it's part of the convenience and most really need it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I chose Instacart for my grocery delivery since I never liked shopping for my full weekly grocery at Walmart before the pandemic---their produce slection is awful and very limited, so is their deli selection .....bakery items arent that great either...

Instacart here partners with HEB groceries which demands excellence---  The shoppers always ask regarding a substitute if your first choice isnt  available....they take a photo of whats is available on the shelf and let you approve or go with a refund, Ive always had good communication with my shoppers, the delivery is fast....  I signed up for the yearly service $99 a year works out to around $10 a month, tips are optional, more so than a tip, mostly the shoppers ask for a 5 star rating (they get a bonus if they get that) and find it easy to get to $35 .....it just takes Tide Laundry Detergent and a 25 lb container of cat litter, or something else I can stock up on and wont have to order for awhile...But mostly I just do my weekly grocery shopping with them and 90% of the time they have all the items on my list....

One time my coffee pot died, and after checking Target, Walmart, and other options HEB even had the best price for the brand I like and beat the competitors.....

I feel the same way, @Spurt, although we always do leave a good tip. I figure it's part of the convenience and most really need it.

@suzyQ3 

Me too....I always tip especially because I have a lot of heavy items in my order....and I appreciate the service...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Not worth it for me. I get most of my groceries from Walmart curbside pickup which is free. Reaching the $35 minimum for Walmart.com isn't difficult. Walmart gas too far away.

However, I did get a Walmart credit card. When I opened it there was a $50 statement credit and 5% rewards on any Walmart purchase made online good for one year. Absolutely worth it and it is run very well by Capital One.   

@PickyPicky3.  Just be sure to pay that credit card off every month because the interest rate is astronomical.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

I signed up for Walmart+ the first day it was available but not for the free delivery.  That's easy to get with $35 purchase.

I use it in the store.  I sign on with my iphone when I walk in and get my cart.  Then what ever I buy I use my Walmart app to scan it.  It shows up on my phone.  I add as many things as I want as I do my shoppiing.  Then when I get to the self check out I click on check out on my phone.  I hold my phone up to the screen and it reads it.  It asks me if I want it on my Walmart credit card.  I say yes.  I do not have to get my credit card out at all.  It even asks me if I am using any bags!  I then can see my receipt on my phone!  I have to say I love it! It's so nice not to have to wait in line to check out or have to scan it all at the self check out!  I do not like shopping at Walmart but it is so close to my house I do use it.  I go very early in the morning before they get busy.  I thought $98 was pretty expensive but I think it's worth it for the time I save.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo 

No. I’ve never ordered anything from WM.com, just things in the store. I do grocery pickup & that is free. I would never pay an annual fee just for free shipping anywhere but I don’t think they offer any perks I need or want.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg 

Thank you for the info on returns for the grocery pickup! I have been using it since March but was almost always happy. Once I had one cracked egg. 

Yesterday, eggs were broken, carton soaked with egg and other eggs stuck to carton. I just tried the return you mentioned and it was very easy. 

Valued Contributor

@Spurt  what is HEB?

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks again to all of you for your comments.  I really think $98 is too much.  Maybe I should consider getting a Walmart credit card instead?  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@willdob3 I'm so glad my post was able to help you, and I appreciate you coming back on here and saying so.  Have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

@red&curly 

HEB is a grocery store chain ---In 1905 Florence Butt opens the C.C. Butt Grocery Store in Kerrville. She invests $60 in the business to get started. In the 1920s Florence's youngest son, Howard E. Butt takes over the business. He expands the Butt Grocery Company..now owned and operated by the family....

H-E-B Grocery Company, LP is an American privately held supermarket chain based in San Antonio, Texas, with more than 340 stores throughout the U.S. state of Texas, as well as in northeast Mexico. The company also operates Central Market, an upscale organic and fine foods retailer

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”