Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart pickup đź‘Ź

I have to be the "odd man out"! LOL!

Our nearest Walmart doesn't offer this, but one 45 minutes away does. So last spring I happily clicked away adding items to the cart. We drove up for the earliest pickup on a Saturday morning. On our way I received an email "adjusting " our order. We got there and they brought 2 bags out, 25% of our order. I figured we might not get paper items and cleaning products, but we didn't get the soda or crackers, or a lot of other things. DH wasn't happy.

We tried two more times, and we got about half of our order, but it's easier to stay local at other places. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I have to be the "odd man out"! LOL!

Our nearest Walmart doesn't offer this, but one 45 minutes away does. So last spring I happily clicked away adding items to the cart. We drove up for the earliest pickup on a Saturday morning. On our way I received an email "adjusting " our order. We got there and they brought 2 bags out, 25% of our order. I figured we might not get paper items and cleaning products, but we didn't get the soda or crackers, or a lot of other things. DH wasn't happy.

We tried two more times, and we got about half of our order, but it's easier to stay local at other places. Smiley Happy

I never order on the weekend because of that reason. I ordered a lot today and only 4 items were out of stock. Normally I would do pickup on Tuesday or Thursday to avoid the out of stock. I figure weekends everyone goes so they'll have less in stock. Monday people are shopping after a weekend and Friday people are stocking up. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 

I love WL grocery pickup! It is always a good experience. I have been using it about once a week since March of early April. 

I may never ever go in the store again! People think I’m scared to go in the store but I am not. I’m delighted to save time and money! Why go in the store if I don’t have to? 

Super Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I'm not one who shops there if I can help it, but all the positive comments are making me reconsider this way of buying.

Love WalMart.  Great place to shop.  and buy clothes.