Valued Contributor

I have been using this service frequently since earlier this year, and am pleased with it. The only negative comment I have is with Walmart in general. They do a poor job of maintaining store stock. This has noting to do with the COVID pandemic. I've been frustrated with this for years. I experienced this in Illinois, where I used to live, and Florida, where I currently live. When shopping online now, you don't know until your order is picked that items are not available. I always have to make another stop at my local Publix to pick up the items that Walmart didn't have.

Esteemed Contributor

I also use Walmart pick up and am very pleased. While I have a Super Walmart near by I use Walmart Grocer. I have the app on my phone and when they notify me my order is ready I check in from my phone, a little map shows up on my phone and in the store so they cn see how close I am, get my order ready and once I pull up they are loading my car within minutes. They also let me know what items, if any, were not available so no surprises. 

We should be able to tip and they work hard.

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I also use Walmart pick up and am very pleased. While I have a Super Walmart near by I use Walmart Grocer. I have the app on my phone and when they notify me my order is ready I check in from my phone, a little map shows up on my phone and in the store so they cn see how close I am, get my order ready and once I pull up they are loading my car within minutes. They also let me know what items, if any, were not available so no surprises. 

We should be able to tip and they work hard.

I was told the people who pick the groceries out are different from the people who load them. I thought they did both so I don't feel bad about not tipping them. Not to mention right now we're socially distancing anyway. 
I love the the check in process but today I forgot and she was out with my groceries immediately. It's like she was psychic. 

Honored Contributor

If I could get everyone over age 50 or 60 to use this type of service for the near future I would. Just a great idea all around. You are protecting the workers and they are protecting you.

And no trekking across the giant concrete floors. No waiting in a line or having to check yourself out. Just a cheery, "Hi Ms. X!" and bang your trunk closes and you're on your way.

So much of the work of grocery shopping is cut out this way. We use Kroger's service but have used and liked Walmart's as well.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I'm not one who shops there if I can help it, but all the positive comments are making me reconsider this way of buying.

Honored Contributor

I don't shop at Walmart, but if I did it would be for delivery or in person. And they don't even deliver to my locale.

Instacart delivery has let me down so many times that I am now going in person to my supermarket. Curbside pickup wouldn't solve the problems that I had with delivery.

Masks are mandated and it's not crowded. I love once again being able to see what I'm buying.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I'm not one who shops there if I can help it, but all the positive comments are making me reconsider this way of buying.

@AuntG I am a huge anti-Walmart person (don't get me started).  I always have been.

However, this is my only local choice if I don't want to go in or use Instacart--which I used twice and never again.

I must say they do a good job at WM and I use it for canned goods and national brands I can't get at Whole Foods.  We do WM for fill-in orders and WF about every 10 days to 2 weeks for meats, breads, baked goods and their wonderful produce. 

Honored Contributor

Okay, this is very freaky. Not two minutes after I posted my comment here, I received an obviously scam from "Walmart" telling me that there has been suspicious activity on my account (don't have one) and including a 'Verify" link.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I've been using Walmart's pick up service for almost 4 years and have mostly found it to be very satisfactory.  Lately, they've not had several products I routinely buy, for weeks on end, so I've become a bit disenchanted with them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've been using Walmart's pick up service for almost 4 years and have mostly found it to be very satisfactory.  Lately, they've not had several products I routinely buy, for weeks on end, so I've become a bit disenchanted with them.

Me too! @Kachina624 

I wonder if it's a problem with their shipping...? Usually the things that are out of stock here are the same kinds of items, for instance frozen foods.