Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

At least it's not 94 degrees, with no a/c...no food....no gas... in the Wilmington, NC area like we are having right now...and many flooded out to the roof tops due to HURRICANE FLORENCE - count your blessings - We are all struggling here...some without power for 7 days now (this is Wednesday, Sept 19, 2018)....Life is pretty rough for us - please, asking for prayers.

How are you getting wifi without electric?

Many people have wi-if and no electric, especially while using phones and I-pads.  You can recharge devices using generators or charging units and use satellite wi-if.

I am writing and reading this from the beach.  No electricity is on the beach.

Respected Contributor
@sarahpanda... thoughts and prayers to u and the rest of the Carolinian's affected by Hurricane Florence..🙏
Super Contributor

Sweet_Serenity - and the worst part is it is usually still HOT at Christmas.  Ugh.  I cannot get into Christmas when it is sweltering outside.  All the giant blow-up Penguins, Snowmen. etc. . . . please just stop.  It ain't workin' for me.  Of course, that wouldn't  work for me any more than the giant blow-up pumpkins.  haha

Spoiler
Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

At least it's not 94 degrees, with no a/c...no food....no gas... in the Wilmington, NC area like we are having right now...and many flooded out to the roof tops due to HURRICANE FLORENCE - count your blessings - We are all struggling here...some without power for 7 days now (this is Wednesday, Sept 19, 2018)....Life is pretty rough for us - please, asking for prayers.

How are you getting wifi without electric?

Many people have wi-if and no electric, especially while using phones and I-pads.  You can recharge devices using generators or charging units and use satellite wi-if.

I am writing and reading this from the beach.  No electricity is on the beach.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Tracfone /smartphone[ Edited ] 

DATA is internet access when you aren't in a Wi Fi area. For instance I was waiting for DH at the dentist for an hour. I wanted to use the internet but there was no public Wifi so I turned on DATA and played some games while I waited for him.

Short memory!

Valued Contributor

Sunnyskies, I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. Do you have a dry place to stay? I can't even imagine. I am such a wimp, I dont know how I would handle it. I am praying for help for you, some good food and rest. I pray these days will pass quickly and you will soon feel peace again.

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda I am sorry that you are suffering so much.I wish I could help in some way.I hope that your power will be back quickly.I think you should try to get the word out somehow that you have no food and could use some help.

Respected Contributor

Re: Wake me when it's over!

[ Edited ]

Friends - in answer to your questions as to how I was online with no electric, I used my cell phone - Verizon is the best !!!  We have power now but  many are still desperately trying to relocate to higher ground.  Major roads  have washed away - people who evacuated can't get back home and it's 9 days after the storm made landfall now.  There is one road into Wilmington and it's backed up for hours.  I DON'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP !  

Esteemed Contributor

I get up early and get everything done.  Fall is upon us and it is finally cooling down. Love the seasons.  Leaves are beginning to fall.  My favorite time of year.