Honored Contributor

Jane Fonda was on recently and she looked fabulous. Yes, I know she has had work done, but I still think she is fabulous. She is 80 years old, has a great figure, has great hair, and most importantly seems to be in good health (she walks unassisted by cane or walker). She has no plans to retire.

Honored Contributor

I think Jane Fonda wears wigs. I saw her a few weeks ago on another show and her hairstyle was a long shag. I doubt it grew that fast to the style she had a few days ago. 

Yes, otherwise she’s in fine shape for 80. Look at Betty White at 96. 

Honored Contributor

I have no objection to people having work done and if I thought the money I'm saving for a condo remodel would remodel me to look as good as Fonda, I might choose that.

Gotta say though -  I think it all depends not just upon a surgeon's artistry and skill, but way more on where the whole process starts.  I wouldn't be starting with Fonda's bone structure nor have I put in the massive effort she has to keep that body in great physical shape.  New flooring, counters, and paint is a better buy for me.

Respected Contributor

Too bad she wants to wait to retire.  What does she do anyway.  She should walk gently into the sunset and maybe appear on red carpet events.

Valued Contributor

Love her on “Grace & Frankie.” 

Honored Contributor

Jane does look good. I've always thought she was pretty. I read in a health magazine that she's had her hip and knees replaced and is on meds to control the pain she still has. However she seems to be doing well.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Jane Fonda On GMA Day

[ Edited ]

Shucks I was driving to work at the time. Thank you for mentioning it, I'll have to check if there's a clip of the interview up.

I had all of her workout tapes back in the day.  As time went by I began to think she was too old fashioned, phooey on those silly leg lifts and hairdos and leg warmers. So I moved on to newer home workout videos.

A couple years ago I noticed Jane's Low Impact Aerobics on DVD and bought it on a whim. I fell instantly back in love with her and began collecting all of her workouts that have been transferred to DVD, and am now finishing up purchasing her "new" Prime Time workouts from 2011.  In fact today I'm treating myself to her newer AM/PM Yoga DVD. I'm 60 now and these newer workouts are perfect for gentler days.  

Jane's workouts have great music, she has a soothing voice, she instructs and explains well, and she is encouraging. One of the newer ones, Prime Time Cardio Fat Burning Workout, has a live jazz trio providing the music. 

I don't feel the love for a lot of today's workouts - puke in a bucket, extreme, ripped, burn, burpees, irritating techno music. Sometimes going retrograde can be so fun!

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

Too bad she wants to wait to retire.  What does she do anyway.  She should walk gently into the sunset and maybe appear on red carpet events.

@tobes.  She is on a hit Netflix show going into season 5 I believe. It is a very funny show. That is what she does. It's called a job.

Honored Contributor

she is on THE VIEW this morning and is looking FABULOUS!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Jane does look good. Yeah, she's had work done, but not to the point where she doesn't look like herself anymore. She's always had a terrific figure. I also think she wears wigs ...... and they look fabulous on her.

Love her and Lily Tomlin in Grace and Frankie. How I would love to have that beautiful beach house!!!