Contributor

1. i am on the west coast and it is 10:30 PM.

2. I truly am a night person - I go to sleep about 4 - 6 AM and get up about noon - 2 PM (all PDT).

3. I do have a sleeping disorder - since college - I do read for a few hours before trying to sleep but sometimes my mind just races and I just cannot settle

Super Contributor

I don't get much sleep because for 9 years my mother lived with us ... she had Alzheimer's and would roam around the house at all hours of the nite ... I slept with one eye open and my ears cocked so that I could hear her when she started roaming ... I would get between 4-5 hours of sleep, but I was younger then ...

My mother is no longer with us, but I still only get 4-5 hours sleep ... I don't fight it ... I just find something to do ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Trusted Contributor

Re: WHY ARE YOU UP ??

[ Edited ]

" I love the night life, I've got to boogie..."

I was born at night, after dark. My Mother always told me that why I liked the night !

I love it because it is quite and peaceful !

Esteemed Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

" I love the night life, I've got to boogie..."

I was born at night, after dark. My Mother always told me that why I liked the night !

I love it because it is quite and peaceful

Must be the many years I worked night shifts. Then again it could be I just want to say Good Mornin to ya'll.

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Always have sleep problems but had foot surgery 2 days ago. Sleeping with an elevated foot and icing doesn't seem to be helping the problem. Fortunately I can't do much so it really matter when I sleep. For now anyway. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ballyk wrote:

Always have sleep problems but had foot surgery 2 days ago. Sleeping with an elevated foot and icing doesn't seem to be helping the problem. Fortunately I can't do much so it really matter when I sleep. For now anyway. 

Sorry about your foot. Be careful getting your sleep pattern out of wack, you may never get it back Smiley Sad

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor
I didn't fall asleep until almost 2am last night. This happens at least once a week, often two or three times. It's a pattern that developed after I reached a certain age, just like my mother. And now my older daughter is showing signs of the same problem. I'm retired now so I don't have to worry about being groggy at work anymore. However, I'm a morning person so I still wake up by 6am. I like to work out before 9am and continue to do so but it is very frustrating. I've tried all sorts of remedies but nothing works, even taking two Benedyl tablets.
Esteemed Contributor

I would give almost anything to be able to sleep through the night....I am awake most of every night...didn't come on here last night.....I will fall asleep for an hour or two then wake up...it is so annoying...frustrating...

Respected Contributor

Am a light sleeper any way and most mornings am awake by 4 a.m. This morning I actually slept in - 45 more minutes - and my dog let me know it was time to get up. He had to go out. LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

@circles wrote:

I would give almost anything to be able to sleep through the night....I am awake most of every night...didn't come on here last night.....I will fall asleep for an hour or two then wake up...it is so annoying...frustrating...

Yes, yes this! I've been this way for years. It's terrible. 

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines