Respected Contributor

Since my mom passed away I don't sleep well. I am not used to being in the house alone. I never used to be up to see the TSV or the late night talk shows but now I see it all. 

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

Since my mom passed away I don't sleep well. I am not used to being in the house alone. I never used to be up to see the TSV or the late night talk shows but now I see it all. 

((((Pqfan))))

In the beginning the silence is deafening.  I promise that it will get better with time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Thankyou so much birdmama.Heart

Honored Contributor

@humpty dumpty wrote:

I don't get much sleep because for 9 years my mother lived with us ... she had Alzheimer's and would roam around the house at all hours of the nite ... I slept with one eye open and my ears cocked so that I could hear her when she started roaming ... I would get between 4-5 hours of sleep, but I was younger then ...

My mother is no longer with us, but I still only get 4-5 hours sleep ... I don't fight it ... I just find something to do ...

I took care of both of my parents for a long time and I know what it's like to sleep with one eye open.  Even though they are both gone now, my sleep is sporadic at best so I make the most of it.  If my body says go to sleep, I go.  And if I am then up during the night, I make the best of it.  I do try and stay quiet so maybe I can sneak in another hour or two.  I am lucky that I am not groggy during the day.