Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S UP FOR CHRISTMAS OR CHANUKAH?

@hennypenny wrote:

We celebrate both holidays. mr henny and I come from different backgrounds.

Will light the menorah, and then have fondue for dinner, which is a favorite with the family.

As seamus said Chanukah is a minor holiday, and not terribly religious, so I don't feel a conflict.

I love any excuse for a celebration. It is a happy time of year, and I love including everyone!

My latkes are terrible but I attempt to make them during Chanukah. I love them with sour cream, the rest love them with applesauce.

Cover your eye's Henny. I like them with ketchup

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

We celebrate both holidays. mr henny and I come from different backgrounds.

Will light the menorah, and then have fondue for dinner, which is a favorite with the family.

As seamus said Chanukah is a minor holiday, and not terribly religious, so I don't feel a conflict.

I love any excuse for a celebration. It is a happy time of year, and I love including everyone!

My latkes are terrible but I attempt to make them during Chanukah. I love them with sour cream, the rest love them with applesauce.

@hennypenny

Thanks for sharing your holiday traditions! 

Honored Contributor

Got a late start to decorating.  Will do it this weekend.

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

IMG_4443.JPG

Haha lol

So funny!!!! But whom should I text in case of Chanukah??? May be still Santa? He will work overtime this year, Christmas and Chanukah are the same day!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Three of my brothers and their families and mine spent Thanksgiving in Alabama with my mom's parents homeplace and we will spending Christmas at my husbands parents. Hopefully my husand will be with us and all of his siblings will all be in St. Michael's, a first in quite a few years. The focus is on the kids, his parents and just being together. People all over the place!  It's gonna be special and fun.

Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

IMG_4443.JPG

Haha lol

So funny!!!! But whom should I text in case of Chanukah??? May be still Santa? He will work overtime this year, Christmas and Chanukah are the same day!!!!

@SANNA   Surely you've heard of Hanuk-Klaus?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Lol!!!!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Honored Contributor

chanukah

The Chanukah gingerbread house from Stell pastry in San Francisco

Honored Contributor

chanukah

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@seamus2  I love latkes!  DH's mother made the very best I've had.  I cheat and get them from Trader Joe's.

I see Chanukah starts the eve of Dec. 24 thru New Year's Day this year, have a wonderful celebration Smiley Happy

Hi @Noel7,

I "cheat" and buy the boxed Manischewitz latke mix from the supermarket. Smiley Very Happy

They're not difficult to make, and they turn out well.

Here is a link to their line of products, if someone is not familiar with them, and would like to take a look at them. I have made their Matzo ball soup from the mix, too. Really yummy!:

http://manischewitz.com/