Honored Contributor

Re: Unwanted/Spam calls - Increasing

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Spurt

Just wanted to follow up to let you know I did get an acknowledgement from AARP website that I had filled out the form and that it would take up to 12 weeks to fully take force.

Hopefully, that will at least stop the HUGE packets of info I get from them -- if it stops anything else, that will be a bonus.

American Express also sends out huge envelopes full of stuff that I shred.  

Mostly, it's the calls that annoy me.  

Just as an update to all who posted suggestions for making them stop.  Thanks but.....

I've done all those things.  

They still call -- but I don't answer.Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman

Im glad you got the confirmation of your opt out from AARP solicitations.  I hope it helps reduce your junk mail andcalls. Let me know how it works out........It should at least reduce the junk mail solicitating United Health Care....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Today I received a female voiced robo call from New York, Area Code 914.  Since I was driving, a voice mail was left.  In this VM, I was told that to save myself from being arrested by the police, due to 4 criminal complaints against me, I'd better call the 914 telephone number stated "right now.".

Whoa!!!

I googled this telephone number and a raft of people have been hit by this as well.  Apparently, it's some kind of sicko scam.

Tomorrow I'm going to check on the FCC website to see if I can file some sort of complaint, as this can be qualified as at least  libel.

Anyone else receive this call?

Respected Contributor

@sfnative

At my former address, I received multiple phone calls threatening that I was going to be arrested for something or other, and one that allegedly came from the IRS saying I would go to prison if i didn't push the right button on my phone and pay my overdue taxes.

My sis also reports being threatened with dumb phone calls like that.  We laugh and move on.

Honored Contributor

Verizon fios supports Nomorerobo

Valued Contributor

I noticed SPAM calls have increased greatly, and we have that Call Blocker unit from Q or HSN, or wherever.  We were exceeding our call block on the actual phone service.  My husband works from home and also raises our daughter.  When she was a newborn a couple of years ago he would go crazy with trying to block the calls because the phone rang all day during her naps.  Then they slowed down, and have now picked up again.  We are moving soon so maybe this will go away, even for a little while until they find us. We like having a land line because of his work, and my cell phone is a company phone. 

However, with that said, my cell phone gets calls from all over the country, as noted, it is a business phone.  I always give out our home phone for my personal online accounts etc.  Even more disturbing is my parents retired five years ago, and now live most of the year in FL.  That first winter they moved there, suddenly I started getting calls from FL all the time on my Cell Phone.  Of course the first couple of times I answered because it could have been an emergency and someone unknown could be calling.  Now, that is really messed up.  How does someone get that information?