Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 

well versed in MA law.

I attempted to respond before but canceled because it had a nasty tone and frankly I did not want it to go that way but unfortunately it may.

I do not doubt what you said. I do not care whether you believe my statement or not. I did not lie. I will not validate my statement. I will not answer to you and do not answer to anyone wanting me to prove anything. No one pushes me and once I take a stand I do not back down and care not about consequence.

Yes, I could provide the answer you are wanting proof of and the circumstance I know that a passport was considered in Mass. as a way of driving but I won't because I did not want to deal with you, and the issue when you first called it a lie way back in this thread. I wanted no part of the controversy, and unfortunately I was drawn into it by my own statement and tried to delete my post but could not because it was already quoted, or something, that prevents a post from being deleted at that point. I do not know how that happens, but it does. However, I do want to make it clear I would have deleted the post not because it was not the truth but because of the issue it started due to my own wording.

Think want you want, call me names, whatever, it does not change my position.

I know who I am, and I answer to myself, and you can have the last word, whatever.

At the end, it does not matter to me other than you and no one will push me into a corner.

Respectfully C.

Honored Contributor

What about foreign tourists who come here and rent cars for their trip? They're driving using their home drivers license I thought.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

What about foreign tourists who come here and rent cars for their trip? They're driving using their home drivers license I thought.

yes, they can usually drive on their own licenses or on an international license.

my guess is is that they would be forced to pay for insurance through the rental car company.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

@mom2four0418 

well versed in MA law.

I attempted to respond before but canceled because it had a nasty tone and frankly I did not want it to go that way but unfortunately it may.

I do not doubt what you said. I do not care whether you believe my statement or not. I did not lie. I will not validate my statement. I will not answer to you and do not answer to anyone wanting me to prove anything. No one pushes me and once I take a stand I do not back down and care not about consequence.

Yes, I could provide the answer you are wanting proof of and the circumstance I know that a passport was considered in Mass. as a way of driving but I won't because I did not want to deal with you, and the issue when you first called it a lie way back in this thread. I wanted no part of the controversy, and unfortunately I was drawn into it by my own statement and tried to delete my post but could not because it was already quoted, or something, that prevents a post from being deleted at that point. I do not know how that happens, but it does. However, I do want to make it clear I would have deleted the post not because it was not the truth but because of the issue it started due to my own wording.

Think want you want, call me names, whatever, it does not change my position.

I know who I am, and I answer to myself, and you can have the last word, whatever.

At the end, it does not matter to me other than you and no one will push me into a corner.

Sure

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819   This is not about race.   It's about unlicensed drivers.   This new law about having to have a "real ID" is a real pain.   I cannot fathom how illegals can get one.   You have to go through hell and back if you are legal...  

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   They may prohibit but they don't enforce.

Respected Contributor

Re: Unlicensed drivers

[ Edited ]

New Jersey Is Now the 15th State To Give Illegal Immigrant Driver’s Licenses. Regardless of immigration status, they now have the opportunity to earn a driver’s license.

“Many of our undocumented neighbors are already behind the wheel," stated the governor. 

Analysts said the move will benefit more than 400,000 illegals in the state. However, critics said the new law prioritizes illegal immigrants over everyone else, raises the potential for voter fraud, saying they fear undocumented immigrants will use these licenses to vote illegally. Also this runs the risk of drawing more illegals to the state.

Fourteen other states and Washington, D.C., allow residents to drive legally, Regardless of their Immigration Status.

The states are California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Mexico, New York, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, and Washington. 

Honored Contributor

My daughter was hit by an unlicensed driver. The van she was driving had insurance because it wasnt her car.

There are a lot of drivers who are driving without a license which is very scary.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@Warrior2022 wrote:

This just blows my mind,  My DH was involved in a accident this evening.  He is ok, his car is not.  The other driver had no license, but the car she was driving has insurance.  How does that happened,  Don't you need a license to buy and insure a vehicle?   The deputy said she will receive a criminal citation.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Was that unlicensed driver allowed to drive away afterwards?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unlicensed drivers

[ Edited ]

@MorningLover wrote:

New Jersey Is Now the 15th State To Give Illegal Immigrant Driver’s Licenses. Regardless of immigration status, they now have the opportunity to earn a driver’s license.

“Many of our undocumented neighbors are already behind the wheel," stated the governor. 

Analysts said the move will benefit more than 400,000 illegals in the state. However, critics said the new law prioritizes illegal immigrants over everyone else, raises the potential for voter fraud and runs the risk of drawing more illegals to the state.

Illegal Immigrants in New York and Washington D.C., can now apply for drivers licenses too.

Folks will no longer have a reason not to drive a licensed, insured vehicle. Drivers will only be licensed to drive cars. 

The power to regulate means the power to tax. 
New Jersey will make some needed fees from this new law.