Respected Contributor
@funinthesun the police told you she wouldn't answer citizenship questions? Interesting.
Respected Contributor
@sunshine45 I am with you. Why are the police asking citizenship questions? I wouldn't answer them either.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Unlicensed drivers

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

You need to watch the TV show “Live PD” and see all ( and I mean all) of the cars topped for minor things....no one, I mean no one has a freaking valid license or any ID for that matter!  Over and over this goes on!  It’s unbelievable!

My friend was recently hit and the young driver had no license and no ID, nothing!  His insurance ended up paying for his car to be fixed....then, while driving to the auto body shop his car was hit again!  This is true.

The driver didn’t have insurance but did have a ( are you ready) expired license!

When he told me about the second incident I thought he was kidding!  He wasn’t.

His car was totaled and he had to get a new one.  The totaled car was ( before) perfect...not a scratch.  He doesn’t like the new car and wishes he had his old one back.

I’ve been in a lot of bad accidents.  None were my fault.  

It’s like the Wild Wild West out here in Northern Virginia and going to get worse when Amazon gets here....

I don’t work so I’m on the road during the day.  Doesn’t matter.  There’s so much traffic in this area 24/7...it never ends!

Again, you and your husband needs to watch Live PD on the A&E channel.  

Come me back here afterward and tell me and others if I’m exaggerating....I’m not!

I watch Live PD all the time and yes, it's amazing how many people drive without licenses and insurance.  I was rear ended a few years back and the driver wanted to settle it there on the scene by giving my a hundred dollars.  I told him no and called the police.  The guy had no license and instead showed the cop a passport!  The car was insured by someone else who claimed she didn't know the driver.  Yeah, right.  By the way, my car had nearly three thousand dollars worth of damage.

People who drive uninsured and unlicensed know nothing will happen to them.  It's not unusual here to hear about someone stopped who has 20 or more suspensions on their licenses, but obviously that doesn't stop them from being on the roads.  They use phony license plates, expired inspection stickers and no licenses.  Scary stuff and yes, sometimes it sure does seem like lawlessness is in the majority. 

Valued Contributor

@bathina wrote:
@funinthesunthe police told you she wouldn't answer citizenship questions? Interesting.

Yes, it is quite interesting.  Thanks for your interest!

Regular Contributor

The issue is financial loss due to the fault of someone else who is not held accountable for their actions and no way to recoup losses.

Honored Contributor

@ann1989 @I agree with you.We also pay extra for uninsured motorists just for that reason.

Valued Contributor

@ann1989 wrote:

The issue is financial loss due to the fault of someone else who is not held accountable for their actions and no way to recoup losses.

Exactly.  

Honored Contributor

In Michigan we have no fault insurance.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

Live PD is one of our favorit shows!  It does happen a lot!  Of course she was taken in a ambulance.  She was fine until the deputy told her she was facing criminal charges, then she needed rescue.

Where you present when this conversation took place? What charges was she facing? They could have placed her under arrest at the hospital. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

You need to watch the TV show “Live PD” and see all ( and I mean all) of the cars topped for minor things....no one, I mean no one has a freaking valid license or any ID for that matter!  Over and over this goes on!  It’s unbelievable!

My friend was recently hit and the young driver had no license and no ID, nothing!  His insurance ended up paying for his car to be fixed....then, while driving to the auto body shop his car was hit again!  This is true.

The driver didn’t have insurance but did have a ( are you ready) expired license!

When he told me about the second incident I thought he was kidding!  He wasn’t.

His car was totaled and he had to get a new one.  The totaled car was ( before) perfect...not a scratch.  He doesn’t like the new car and wishes he had his old one back.

I’ve been in a lot of bad accidents.  None were my fault.  

It’s like the Wild Wild West out here in Northern Virginia and going to get worse when Amazon gets here....

I don’t work so I’m on the road during the day.  Doesn’t matter.  There’s so much traffic in this area 24/7...it never ends!

Again, you and your husband needs to watch Live PD on the A&E channel.  

Come me back here afterward and tell me and others if I’m exaggerating....I’m not!

So true, been to your area . There are uninsursed and unlicensed in my area . I to was hit by someone  before who had no insurance. It pays to have  an added  policy on your own  auto insurance to cover in case an  uninsured driver hits you . Ms has PIP insurance on auto policies - Personal protection insurance .  I do not insurance , so can't explain  this properly , however you do have to review your insursance  policy as each state is different .