Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

You need to watch the TV show “Live PD” and see all ( and I mean all) of the cars topped for minor things....no one, I mean no one has a freaking valid license or any ID for that matter!  Over and over this goes on!  It’s unbelievable!

My friend was recently hit and the young driver had no license and no ID, nothing!  His insurance ended up paying for his car to be fixed....then, while driving to the auto body shop his car was hit again!  This is true.

The driver didn’t have insurance but did have a ( are you ready) expired license!

When he told me about the second incident I thought he was kidding!  He wasn’t.

His car was totaled and he had to get a new one.  The totaled car was ( before) perfect...not a scratch.  He doesn’t like the new car and wishes he had his old one back.

I’ve been in a lot of bad accidents.  None were my fault.  

It’s like the Wild Wild West out here in Northern Virginia and going to get worse when Amazon gets here....

I don’t work so I’m on the road during the day.  Doesn’t matter.  There’s so much traffic in this area 24/7...it never ends!

Again, you and your husband needs to watch Live PD on the A&E channel.  

Come me back here afterward and tell me and others if I’m exaggerating....I’m not!

Live PD is one of our favorit shows!  It does happen a lot!  Of course she was taken in a ambulance.  She was fine until the deputy told her she was facing criminal charges, then she needed rescue.

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Geeze September that just stinks!

Yep.  I was very surprised to get the police report (by my request) and found the officer judged the other driver 100% responsible for the accident, but didn't cite him. I see another poster said that officers just don't want to have to appear in court.  I can believe that 

Respected Contributor
That is the police officers job to fine and unlicensed driver. That is messed up.
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
That is the police officers job to fine and unlicensed driver. That is messed up.

The driver had a license.  He told the officer he had insurance and must have produced some sort of card at the scene?  I don't know, I was in an ambulance and on my way to the ER.  

it was later learned that his insurance wasn't in effect ( maybe got behind in payments?). So...he lied and got away with it 

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
You are required to have license and insurance in CO.
I would think all states carry this law
Registration of vehicle also?

yes, in maryland you are required to have a license to drive.

you have to have insurance for your car in order to register it. if you dont, there are stiff fines once you are caught.

i am guessing that the driver did not have a license but that she was using some elses car possibly?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
I am pretty sure I would be put in the slammer for not having proof of licence, insurance and registration.
Definitely I would be fined for sure.
I wouldn't chance it. I like things in order. It's the law here.
I do follow the laws of the land. Keeps me safer, I think!
Respected Contributor

@Brisky wrote:

It's possible the person had a license, but not in their possession or they were driving on a recently expired license. In those 2 cases a person may not be cited, if they were lucky, maybe fined if they werent.

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@Brisky wrote:

It's possible the person had a license, but not in their possession or they were driving on a recently expired license. In those 2 cases a person may not be cited, if they were lucky, maybe fined if they werent.

@bathina 

I know that there have been times that I have forgotten my license at home.

I thought that I had it on me, only to discover that OMG! I don't!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@Brisky wrote:

@bathina 

I know that there have been times that I have forgotten my license at home.

I thought that I had it on me, only to discover that OMG! I don't!

I've done it when I've switched handbags. It happens and I'm pretty sure police would issue a warning. 

Respected Contributor
Yes, the officer could call in for licensing info and insurance information.
Let's just say I never will be on one of those shows.
Least I hope not.😉