Respected Contributor
Some of you must be fun at parties.
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Arguing in a thread about receiving packages and opening them to show the contents.

WHY????????

@gertrudecloset   I don't know why either.  We are all here on a forum belonging to -- wait for it -- a shopping channel.  Why is any host posting videos opening her packages an issue of contention by some?   

Anyway, Unboxing is very popular all over social media and especially Youtube.  It has been for quite a while -- nothing new.  I like it.  

I follow some beauty influencers,especially haircare brands, on Youtube, and like their unboxing videos. There are fashion unboxing videos from various retailers too; i love those the best. 

Yes, I've made some great finds that way.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Has she stated these packages are her purchases? I was under the impression that host are sent sample products of the items they'll be presenting.

Can't wait for the day when children opening their Christmas presents refer to it as depresenting. 

Yes.  They are her purchases.  She opens the packages received in the mail and then tries them on (if they are clothes or shoes) so we can see them.  I'm not gonna do that, but I was just making reference to what Amy calls it.

Honored Contributor

@jewel-maven wrote:

@rms1954  Here's your laugh for the day. A couple of years ago I had been receiving QVC packages etc. during the week. Well, this one particular day my mail carrier pulled into my drive and started unloading a dozen packages/boxes. She handed them off to me and asked if I owned a store! LOL  I laughed and said yeah---the ME store! 

LOL.  That's funny ... thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

@manny2 Can't even start a fun post.  Some people are just so, so, so well I can't find the words.  So now I'm pretentious and should be reprimanded???  WTH.  I give up.  People don't watch or purchase QVC and they don't follow FB but always have something to say.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@manny2 Can't even start a fun post.  Some people are just so, so, so well I can't find the words.  So now I'm pretentious and should be reprimanded???  WTH.  I give up.  People don't watch or purchase QVC and they don't follow FB but always have something to say.

@rms1954  I'm here smiling away at this Thread. Anyway, the Poster did not say you should be reprimanded. She said that she is surprised that you were not reprimanted for talking about your purchases.

Enjoy your purchases.

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree That sounds like so much fun to do with friends....what a great idea...

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I have no clue as to what his thread is supposed to be about-nor do I understand why a FB "unboxing" by a host is so troubling.

@Cakers3 - amy posts videos each week on Facebook of her opening boxes from QVC at home.  Items that she personally purchased and received that week.  It's cute and harmless.

@gidgetgh   @Cakers3   @rms1954 

So .... basically .... this is just watching someone open a package like you would see them opening a gift you didn't give them ... and for which there was no occasion?    Sure .. okay. 

Different strokes  ... yadda yadda yadda.   

Honored Contributor

Tired of explaining.

Esteemed Contributor

People make money by how many "likes" they get and by how many people follow them on You Tube.....