Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

The unboxing the host does on FB is nothing more then a sales ploy. I think it's ridiculous. She should spend that time with her kids and leave QVC at the studio door when she goes home. 

@manny2 - oh for goodness sakes.  The unboxing she does takes literally a few minutes and most of the time, she does it when her kids are asleep.

And I'm sure her kids will grow up to be just fine and dandy even with their mother taking a few minutes to unbox items.  Why on earth would you criticize or second guess the amount of time she spends with her children? Ridiculous. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 If you read it twice then I guess it is unclear to you and I don't know how to make it clearer.

Respected Contributor

I don't understand the need to verbalize a noun. Unboxing? Who comes up with that? And why? Is there some need to call it anything other than opening a package? 

Honored Contributor

How pretentious...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have no clue as to what his thread is supposed to be about-nor do I understand why a FB "unboxing" by a host is so troubling.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I have no clue as to what his thread is supposed to be about-nor do I understand why a FB "unboxing" by a host is so troubling.

@Cakers3 - amy posts videos each week on Facebook of her opening boxes from QVC at home.  Items that she personally purchased and received that week.  It's cute and harmless.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I really enjoy Amy's unboxings.  It's genuine and shows that she's a Q shopper just like the rest of us.  No makeup, silly kids, less than perfect house and dinner on the stove.  Real life.  I have 3 friends who are also qvc and hsn shoppers and we do our unboxing via Zoom.  We started during Covid lockdown and continued.  It's not unboxing as much as it's us showing what arrived that week.  

I've never seen one of her unboxings. Sounds like fun. 

I rarely watch shows, just look for items I'm interested in so it shouldn't surprise me that I haven't seen this...

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   I gather one poster felt the host was neglecting her children.

As far as the thread itself, I am surprised the OP was not reprimanded for sharing all she purchased.

I don't even know why I'm still here.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Well, of course it's a sales ploy-that's her job!

lol at complaining about unboxing in general when you make the choice to order something especially when receiving packages are the highlight of the day. 

Respected Contributor

Unboxing videos are huge on YouTube. I happened to come across Amy's one time, and it was interesting to see what she had ordered from the Q.