Trusted Contributor

Re: Ugh, Turn Clocks Back Next Weekend.

I always look forward to falling back...just feels cozy to me. I adapt easily so it won't be a big deal when DST becomes permanent. Pros/cons to both.

Honored Contributor

I grew up in a family that had traditions, so I like changing the time twice a year. It marks the end of a season and the beginning of the next. The end of potato salad, and the beginning of rich lamb stew, a favorite of mine. 

Trusted Contributor

I have mixed feelings about turning the clocks back each year.

I don't mind it getting dark early around the holidays because the Christmas lights always make it so warm and welcoming.  There is something so beautiful about coming home after work and seeing the houses lit up. Our outdoor lights and Christmas Trees are on timers, so I make sure everything is lit by the time I walk in the door around 4:45 pm each day.  I find it to be so comforting.

Once Christmas is over, the early darkness is just cold and depressing. It feels endless and I'm itching for February to come so that I can see that glimmer of light that starts to come through and tell me that it's almost time to set the clocks forward again.

I believe my state is doing away with DST after this spring.  I think once we move the clocks ahead, it will be the last time.  I'm not sure what's really going to happen when all is said and done, but I'm definitely interested to see how this all pans out next fall.  I'm sure I'll find fault with that too though.  lol