Esteemed Contributor

Ugh, Turn Clocks Back Next Weekend.

When you go to bed next Saturday night 11/5, remember to turn your clocks back.

I don't like it getting dark before 5pm. It makes for a long, long night.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ugh, Turn Clocks Back Next Weekend.

Agreed!  It will be dark in late afteroon....hate it!

Honored Contributor

Yup back to complete  darkness at 4:30....   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Who on earth wants the sun coming up after 9am!!Not me! I walk in the mornings and really hate the sun coming up so late. I am excited for this Sunday so I can get back on my early morning walks in the daylight where it much safer. I'm so hoping this doesn't pass keeping us constantly in DST!  Ugh!!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ugh is right! I was just thinking this after running all my errands yesterday and glad I got back before dark at 6:30. My rant is...supposedly they've decided to pass the "no more turning the clocks back" already and yet why do we have to wait another year to instate that?!

Especially with all the up in crime, everywhere, including our "quiet little suburbs" here in CT, lately...it feels safer to go into store parking lots in daylight. Though plenty of catalytic converter thefts have been happening in broad daylight too. Please, mods, no poofing, not baiting, just stating some facts and nuff said on that. So, now having to get everything done before 4 pm, if you don't want to go out to stores after dark, ugh.

I hate it all around, hate this time of year because of it...they should have started it this year. It should have been done years ago already.

Honored Contributor

Yes, we'll be going back to Standard Time...the way it was long before someone decided to mess with it and call it "Daylight Saving".  I like Standard Time b/c I'm an early riser.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  My body seems to feel better on standard time.  Also the 15yo teen next door rides the school bus to school...it comes 6:45am.  It's pitch black out then and we are on a highway.  I'll be glad for her that it will be light out now when she catches the bus..DW

Contributor

Changing the clocks twice a year is not a big deal for me.  There are much more important things in life to deal with.

Trusted Contributor

Woo Hoo!! Love it when the clocks turn back; my body just feels better. Actually, my entire family says that as well as my Sisterfriend.  Just like some prefer/need more sunlight and warmth, others feel better with darkness and less warmth.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Super Contributor

I hate changing the clocks twice a year. It always messes with my circadian rhythm for a few days. I remember when I worked in a childcare center years ago. It was hard on the infants too. They seemed more grumpy & restless for a few days.