Honored Contributor

Re: Ugh, Turn Clocks Back Next Weekend.

1#fallb.gif

Think for the last time. I think 2023 will see the end of the clock games.

Honored Contributor

cannot wait to go back to standard time!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Children being safe waiting for the school bus is enough for me.

I am an adult.  I'll adjust.

Respected Contributor

I much prefer standard time, which many claim is healthier for the body, for several reasons, but I'm at the point that I just want them to pick a darn time and leave it. Studies have shown that it is hard on the body to make these changes. 

You'll really feel it if working an exhaustive 12 hour night shift and the clock sets back. You think --- it's just one hour, no problem, but you really feel the effect. 

Yes, one little hour can throw off our human internal clocks and it takes a while to reset. Plus, I also have too many old chiming, or pendulum clocks to fall back. Argh! 

Esteemed Contributor

Wish we could keep our time as it is.  Problem if one state changes and the other does not.  We live on the immediate borders to WV and PA and VA.  That would be interesting. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer Standard time.  I hate getting up in the dark.  Also, school buses are running early and in the dark which really isn't safe.  Too many people ignore their flashing lights and drive around them.  Really have no need to be out late. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate when it is dark at 5:30. I don't drive at night, so the window is smaller for getting out and about and doing appts and errands. As I have gotten older, It really seems to take my body a few days to adjust to the new time. Why do we keep hearing about the plans to keep one time year-round if it isn't being implemented? 

Esteemed Contributor

I mentioned in my other post that my State has passed a Bill that will make DST permanent. This is pending a couple other issues.

For me? I don't really give a rat's behind which time my State chooses. Just pick 1, and make it permanent. I didn't care when I was working, and I sure as heck couldn't care less, since being long retired.

When it gets light in the morning or dark at night! I really don't care what the clock says. Just don't make it necessary for everyone, to set their clocks up or back, twice a year. Makes absolutely no sense to me, and those that are retired! Really?

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Children being safe waiting for the school bus is enough for me.

I am an adult.  I'll adjust.

Exactly.  It's rainy and foggy here here this morning.  Children were walking to school and waiting for the bus in the dark in that.  It just doesn't seem safe.

Honored Contributor

When they make this big change next year to DST all the time, my prediction is that it won't last.  It was an epic failure last time and I suspect the ones making this decision weren't around for the first run.

The morning school bus routine is a big deal.  I was in junior high at the time and the bus came before 7 am.  It didn't get light out until around 8:30.  Parents were really unhappy with the situation, and that was at a time when parents were less vocal about safety issues than they are now.

I don't see why it's such a huge deal to change the clocks twice a year, but if they have to pick one over the other, it seems to me that Standard Time is a better option.