Honored Contributor

Re: Ugh, Turn Clocks Back Next Weekend.

I've grown used to not having to spring forward and fall back.  It will really be a shock to my system some day when we move back home.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I actually looked it up.  Nixon had the country go back to Daylight Saving Time in January 1974 in order to conserve energy during the energy crisis.  Eight children in Florida were killed on the way to school and people began calling Daylight Disaster Time.  Daylight Saving Time was supposed to continue for two years but they decided to scrap that and we went back to Standard Time in September 1974.

Respected Contributor

I have night blindness. So I am like Cinderella in the Winter. The mad dash home at 4:45 before it gets dark. Really limits my time to get out and about. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

Love love LOVE 🎉 🎉🎉🎉🎉
Trusted Contributor

@haddon9   I hear you. 

Here in AZ, we're fortunate to NEVER change our clocks. 

It's one of the reasons I moved here from CT 30 years ago!!

Honored Contributor

This is your chance to catch up on that hour you lost last spring.  LOL or get the jump on next year's spring.

Honored Contributor

I've always loved sleeping later in the morning.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

With a little luck, this will be the last year our state will do this. A Bill was unanimously passed to keep DST year around. 

It still has some small print that involves the Federal government, and another involving connecting states. Why beats the poo out of me. And here I thought States had more independence on things as trivial as the time of day.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I just googled a question asking if the president has signed off on a change to DST all year.  Here's what I found:

Is daylight savings time becoming permanent?

Per the Senate's bill, permanent daylight saving time would take effect on Nov. 5, 2023, if the legislation passes the House and receives the president's signature. May 24, 2022, UPDATE: Two months since the U.S. Senate passed the Sunshine Protection Act, the U.S. House has yet to start discussion on it.6 days ago
Respected Contributor

What works for people living on the Eastern edge of a specific time zone is not so good for those of us living on the Western edge of the same zone.