Valued Contributor

Re: 👉🏽 **UPDATE** Auto Insurance Rebates/Refunds 👈🏿

Yep, got about $40 from AAA last week.  Every little bit helps, I guess.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

We had State Farm for thirty years with only three claims...all denied ( one was for tornado damage). We will be with USAA as of June 10. State Farm sent a letter saying we would be getting a refund of $70 paid out over three months. I am so thrilled....😡
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This rebate is, IMO, too insignificant to warrant any mention.  Certainly nothing to get excited about.

It's $79.20 for us for the 2 months, I'm not going to thumb my nose at it.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 I checked online and here in CA, our state insurance commissioner issued an order for all insurance companies to give 60 day extensions for due dates on all insurance payments in our state.  I will still pay within the 21 days since that is SF's normal policy here, but it sounds like I'm covered either way. 

Sorry to read about the problems you've had with SF in your area.  We've received excellent service from them here, but they are not cheap, even with all of the discounts that we qualify for.  

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@NickNack  I haven't received anything either.  My ins co (AAA) website confirmed that I don't have to do anything either.

I pay annually in person by debit card (cash).  Cash payers will get a check no later than 5/31.

The refund program will continue to be evaluated based on the length of shelter-in-place orders.  N.J. "shelter-in-place" is indefinite.  I hope that means I will get another check during the summer!!!!

@Mz iMac I also have AAA and received a check yesterday. 

Trusted Contributor

I just got an $87 check from my car insurance Erie.  Yay I'll take it.  Anything I get back from an insurance company is a good day!!  lol.  Sure I would have liked more but hey, it could have been less.  So I'm happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have Allstate, I don't know if I noticed any credit to my account, I will have to look at my statement carefully.

--------------

I had to call my Allstate person.  I think they should have publicized their 'returns' more openly.   I did not even know until I read it here - that some companies were refunding!!  At least an email from Allstate would have been nice!!

I think of what a big PR flub for Allstate.  Every other insurance agency is all over the Internet and TV making sure that everyone knows about how generous they are...

Honored Contributor

@Linmo It's not about area.  It's when you need the actual corporate office to deliver on the insurance you pay your friendly local agent to have.  Glad you've been happy without going through a claims process.  I hope you have the same good experience if you ever have an issue which, of course, please don't.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 With 3 young drivers in the family, we have definitely had our share of claims - some our fault, some not.  A couple of years ago, I was hit in a parking lot by a new driver who didn't look before backing out of their spot.  Several thousand dollars worth of damage!  I spoke with the driver's mother on the phone, got their insurance info, took pictures and immediately drove to my SF office.  They contacted the other insurance company for me and advised me how to proceed with the claim.  Since it was a parking lot and both cars were moving, my agent wasn't sure the other company would accept full responsibility, but they did!

Esteemed Contributor

I received $38.66 in April and the same amount in May. It’s not much but I appreciate it.  I have insurance with All State