Respected Contributor

JB- Today Show w/Hoda + Jenna

Hello- to whomever might be interested.. Jill announced on her FB that she will be on Hoda + Jenna show tomorrow AM. She said that she’ll be discussing kitchen appliances, their uses, + what recipes to use in them.
Honored Contributor

Re: JB- Today Show w/Hoda + Jenna

I just saw Jill on Hoda and Jenna.  It took me a few minutes to figure out it was Jill...not used to seeing her in glasses.  I guess the glasses are to make her seem like an authority.

They described her as a "Life Style Expert".

I'm sure this is old news to many of you but it does surprise me.  

I guess there are probably more people than ever calling themselves a "Life Style Expert", because I've seen a lot of people who call themselves that.

This isn't a bust on Jill.  I was surprised to see her because I've never seen her on anything other than QVC.

I think maybe it's my generation because I don't know how people can call themselves (again, not just Jill) that. 

This title reminds me of how so many titles these days are just totally made up.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I don't pay much attention to the titles people or companies choose for themselves.  The titles and tag lines are meaningless unless they follow through.

I like Jill's sense of style - always tried to tune in when she was on doing home shows.

As for the glasses -  if I'd seen her, one of 2 thoughts might have occurred to me.  First would be that middle age is catching up to her, and second, maybe she normally wears contacts and her eyes are too irritated right now to wear them.   She never needed glasses to appear intelligent -  she's quite sharp without glasses as a prop!

Honored Contributor

Jill was a contact wearer.  She had said before that often when she wasn't on air she wore her glasses and no make-up. 

I am a contact wearer as well but periodically have to wear my glasses for one reason or another.  It always makes me laugh when someone comments that I look smart with my glasses.  I guess I look stupid without them.  LOL   

Honored Contributor

I have never understood how invested people get watching these QVC hosts.

I always found her presentations to be fine.  She answered any questions I might have had if she was selling something I was interested in.  Otherwise I did and still do use QVC as background noise in a few rooms in the house.

For all I know maybe other former hosts have been on other shows and I've never realized it.  I'm just not very observant, for the most part.

My daughter says it's because I can't sit still long enough and/or I'm doing too many things at once.  (Explaining WHY I might have missed other hosts on other shows).

Esteemed Contributor

I always thought the term “life style expert” was dumb. Is she an expert on my life style? I don’t think so. Nothing against Jill, as she is knowledgeable about many “home” things.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

She is a B rate TV personality... hardly "an expert" in anything.  She is trying to make her house payment... live her probably expensive life style she was use to with the QVC salary.   She is certainly no Martha Stewart. That is a laughable comparison. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   That is like people who say, "you look nice today."  Do I look like something the cat dragged in the rest of the days?

Valued Contributor

Since JB’s degree isn’t in home economics she’s hardly a “home expert”
She makes very average recipes on her Facebook site; not advanced cooking skills. Her decorating is nothing exciting. You can learn any of her “lifestyle” tips from google sites which she then presents on TV. She’s been on camera for years so she’s got that down pat.
Respected Contributor

Watched the segment on line and thought she did a good job.  Gone from QVC over a year already.  Time flies !!!