Honored Contributor

Seafood paella, non fat Greek yogurt and some of their fish. Sadly, some items that I used to love, i.e, French Toast, spinach lasagna, stuffed shells, are no longer offered.  We live a 10 minute walk from TJ's and go there on a weekly basis.

Also their cinammon raisin bagels are the best we've found outside of NYC!

Respected Contributor

I've tried their orange chicken and was not impressed.  It's no better than the Innova brand that you can get a WM, and it's nothing like Panda.

My DD loves the mac and cheese with green chili but I haven't tried it.

Super Contributor

bruschetta either fresh or jar both yummy

salt free tortilla chips

frozen cheese enchiladas

black & white cookies

argan oil

Respected Contributor

@patticakes , I don't buy anything new but, I met the cutest basset hound sitting outside with his auntie.  His name was Gus! Just the sweetest dog! He was waiting for treats that his mommy was coming out with!  Made my day!

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

I've tried their orange chicken and was not impressed.  It's no better than the Innova brand that you can get a WM, and it's nothing like Panda.

@Scooby Doo , that mac & cheese sounds good.  What section is it in?  

Honored Contributor

I stopped in today on my way home from a practice.  They had a nice selection of produce.  Their coleslaw cabbage mix looks a lot better than I can get at eiher Kroger or Publix.  Seems to me, if you want to eat healthy, you can eat as healthy from Trader Joe's as you can from any other grocery store and vice versa if you want to eat unhealthy.  Just because it's their own brand and not a top-selling brand doesn't automatically make it better or worse.  Costco has very good in-house brands while Publix not so much, at least for my palette.

I have only been into Trader Joe's twice.  They opened locally late last year, but I didn't want to fight the inevitable crowds.  It's a small store in my area, so stock is probably limited due to that. I guess the one downside is that they seem to change out the things they sell, so you can never depend on some favorite product being there the next time you go. They also have some very popular seasonal products that people rush to buy and doesn't get re-stocked.  I'll be out of luck for those since I only go there if it's on my way from something I'm already out doing and it's on the way. 

Respected Contributor

@Tshirtgal  I went to O & H Bakery, Larson's, Lehmann's, and other Danish bakeries in Racine in years gone by. My dad worked in one when he was in high school, and a great uncle owned a bakery. I've lived in other states since my youth, but I've never found better bakery than the bakery they had in Racine.

Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I am not a Trader Joe's fan. I see what others buy but I don't eat any of those kinds of (junk) food. I've been in TJ's several times, thinking what am I missing here? I got nothin. Nothing appeals to me whatsoever. 

I eat a keto diet and buy tons of stuff there. Cheese, eggs, whipping cream, butter, half and half without growth hormones. Produce, fish, meat, beauty, and cleaning products. I buy all of my oils and a lot of different vinegars. For being a small store they have a lot of variety.  I do 90% of my shopping there. And trust me, a fair share of the junk food tends to wind up in my cart. My kids love coming to my house 🤣  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Hatch chili mac is in the frozen section.

Trusted Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Hatch chili mac is in the frozen section.

The French onion mac and cheese is delicious. Thank goodness it is a seasonal item because I am all over it.