Respected Contributor

@patticakes lordy lordy,I would have to travel about 200 miles to get to this establishment. From what I have seen online,it seems some what on the pricey side.am I right here?

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@patticakes lordy lordy,I would have to travel about 200 miles to get to this establishment. From what I have seen online,it seems some what on the pricey side.am I right here?

I find Trader Joes less expensive than my local Stop and Shop and about on par with Shoprite. The only thing I find pricier is the meat and fish.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I loveTrader Joe's!

I was just there and only to discover that my favorite Peanut Satay Sauce has been discontinued. I almost cried, it was that good.

That however, did not deter me from buying the bucket of Cranberry Oatmeal White Chocolate Drizzle Dipper Cookies! LOL!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

I find Trader Joes less expensive than my local Stop and Shop and about on par with Shoprite. The only thing I find pricier is the meat and fish.

@reiki604   I know TJ's offers free range organic chicken and that may be a tad higher per pound.  Free range is not easy to find.  We haven't bought fish is a long time-so much is farm raised now.

It can also depend upon the store location, too, as far as prices.

I agree, though, that the prices at TJ's are lower for many things; ours are smaller stores so we are more limited but they seem to be expanding inventory lately.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I do the majority of my shopping at TJ's. The fruits and veggies are great as well as the amazing array of cheeses. I've stopped shopping for meat--or at least tried to slow it down--but the meat and fish are also excellent. Three cheeses made their way into my basket this week--the chive cheddar (an Irish-style creamy cheddar), the blueberry fields hard cheese and the blueberry goat cheese which is a log of fresh chevre covered in wild blueberries. I use the last one mainly as a dessert cheese. 

I got all my usual--salad kits, cukes, heirloom tomatoes, jicama, etc., lots of fresh fruit, and a few treats like the strawberry lemon joe joes and peanut butter caramel coated popcorn which is dangerously decadent.

A few new drinks I picked up were the pineapple sparkling beverage (similar to the strawberry and the watermelon flavors & it's to die for!), the TJ's pineapple sparking water and a rainbow sherbet flavored hard seltzer. I will repurchase all of them if they're still around next shopping trip.

My last trip was heavy on personal care items and some of them are seasonal which means buy it when you see it or it will be gone. I got the strawberry lemon sugar scrub and the strawberry lemon hand cream. I also got the Brazil Nut body butter and all three smell divine. I got the Mango Tangerine candle which is one of my favorites. I also got a new bottle of argan oil, a bottle of face cleanser, a package of cucumber & citrus face & body wipes, another bottle of face cleanser, and a tube of the shea butter and coconut oil hair mask. 

TJ's has a wonderful selection of breads and this week I chose TJ's everything ciabatta rolls for sandwiches and little aloha rolls (similar to Hawaiian sweet rolls) for tiny sandwiches. I usually get the cracked wheat sourdough but sometimes I like to switch it up.

I know this post is long but this is just some of things I bought--it could have been much longer, lol. And the fun thing about TJ's is that every time I go there's something new and fun to try. 

Oh, almost forgot the most important purchase--the new rawhide free peanut butter flavored sticks and my sweet girl loves them! I also got her a box of Chew-cuterie crunchy treats but they're not new.

Trader Joe's Rawhide Free Peanut Butter Flavor Dog Treat

And my favorite of all time frozen dessert--cold brew coffee with boba  (sorry Cherry Garcia, I still love you too!) 

This Is What Trader Joe's Cold Brew Coffee Boba Ice Cream Taste Like.

I love everyone's suggestions. I've been reading through them saying yes, yes and yes please! Can you tell I love Trader Joe's?  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner surprised you find TJ and Aldi so much alike and specializing in snacks, etc. I do 90% of my shopping at TJ and find their selection outstanding and well-priced if you stick to basics. I really appreciate the quality, and enjoy the store. For what I need, the big grocery chains are too pricey, and though they have huge selections, it's mostly stuff I don't use anyway. 

Respected Contributor

just opened Strawberry Lemonade cookies and they are good!

Respected Contributor
@Tshirtgal and @Desert Lily,

Yes to O&H Danish Bakery and the others here in Racine! I live in Racine & love to treat my family & friends who visit from out of state to kringle. All the delicious bakery is so hard for me to resist!

Nice to meet you both!
Respected Contributor

All the Indian food in the freezer. pot stickers, sho mai, bulgogi meat is marinated and in the meat section. love the mini ice cream cones, and the triple ginger cookies in a tub are to die for.

Respected Contributor

We have a TJ's a few miles from the house and I'm there at least once a week.  
My new obsession is the hot and sweet jalapeños.