Honored Contributor

@patticakes   Google Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer May 2022 for a quick link to what is new.

The tangerine ice cream bars are very good. 

Organic Poppy Seed salad dressing.

If you like dried fruit the dried orange slices or the dried mandarin slices make a good snack according to DH. 

The Peri Peri sauce is new-a little spicy, a little sweet and pairs with veggies and meat.

TJ's has both organic and non-organic products if that is for you.

Chicken is free range organic right now at $3.49/lb.

Have fun!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

If you live near an Aldi they carry these Kringles and they are very good.  Only two flavors though, raspberry or almond.

A9701532-7BB4-495D-AC7D-8C8AAF3617C5.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@4kitties :  We live 3-4 1/2 hrs from nearest Trader Joes or Costco. Solved the problem by buying an Ozark Trails cooler from Wal-Mart and ( most important) Yeti ice packs. Now we easily bring home Hagen Daas from Costco.  Yeti ice costs around $20 each but buy several and they pay for themselves in no time!

Respected Contributor

@patbz 

Thanks for the recommendation!  My daughter used to live in St Louis and we got there more frequently when we would visit her.  Now, we rarely go there.  

I am thinking a road trip is due and we should invest in a good cooler and give that Orange Chicken a try!  and I need that Olive oil too......🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

They've refused to deliver foods over and over.  Although so many ask.  Even during the pandemic. Mine is too far away, though it's in my state.  So I don't often shop there.  Maybe once or twice a year.

Honored Contributor

@Tshirtgal wrote:

In response to those who love  Kringle and buy it at Trader Joe's, I cannot resist mentioning my home town bakery called O & H Danish Bakery, located in Racine, Wisconsin, a community who was heavily settled by Norwegian's, Danish, and Swedish.  We have fabulous locally owned bakeries,  If you love Kringle, they have many flavors and ship nationwide.  Just saying.

I've gotten Kringle through Amazon once.  It's too sweet for me.  So I haven't reordered.  But you can get it through Amazon if you're not near a specialty store.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

They've refused to deliver foods over and over.  Although so many ask.  Even during the pandemic. Mine is too far away, though it's in my state.  So I don't often shop there.  Maybe once or twice a year.

@songbird   TJ's did try delivery, I think in NYC, but it wasn't sustainable for the company to continue.

Some of the TJ's are very small, too, so it isn't cost effective.

TJ's still doesn't have self-check out, either.

After reseraching both delivery and curbside, they determined for TJ's both are not cost-effective.  They prefer to focus on their crew members.

Salaries in Texas just for crew members including cashiers are upwards of $30,000 plus additional health benefits.  20% discount and a 401K plan.  Just a few perks that TJ's would rather focus on than delivery service.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

These are a few things that I like from Trader Joe's.

The ham, caramelized onion and Gruyere cheese flatbread in the frozen food section with the pizzas. It's very thin and crispy.

Frozen chocolate croissants. You have to take them out of the package and let them rise over night. They puff up and more than double in size by morning. They are delicious!

In the fall they bring out the Rustic Apple Tart. It's in the frozen food section.  I stock up because they are gone before Christmas and will not be back until the next year. 

Chicken Piccata 

Pepper Jelly when they have it.

Honored Contributor

If you love Aldi's you will probably love TJ's.  It is basically the same thing--some food and a lot of snacks, sugar, and stuff.  

The stores are even arranged the same was basically at Aldi's. 

Trusted Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@4kitties :  We live 3-4 1/2 hrs from nearest Trader Joes or Costco. Solved the problem by buying an Ozark Trails cooler from Wal-Mart and ( most important) Yeti ice packs. Now we easily bring home Hagen Daas from Costco.  Yeti ice costs around $20 each but buy several and they pay for themselves in no time!

Years ago my mom got me started on those ice packs you hydrate in water and freeze. When finished you let them dry out and the are as thick as a piece of paper. I think she started buying them here on the Q years ago.

I used to stock up on my favorites when I would come visit her since we didn't have a Trader Joe's or Costco where I lived. They kept everything frozen for the 12 hour drive home. I love them. They were called Thermafreeze.