Respected Contributor

@Jordan2   very nice, I agree with another poster.  Do what’s in your heart.  I think the numbers are fine.

I tip my stylist good all year, and I also give her $50 at Christmas (in addition to my tip on my December service.).   I give the shampoo girl $5 each visit, but it’s usually one of three girls that may do it.  I’ll give the girl that does it on my December visit more than normal, probably $20.  I’ve already saved a bunch missing two appointments Feb-June, and they quickly got me scheduled once our salons reopened in June.  

Believe me, I know they appreciate it.  They have not gotten their full business back, salons in PA are still at 50%.  

Giving generously is someone’s personal choice, it doesn’t necessarily mean they are rolling in dough.  Maybe they want to share kindness or make someone’s day.  It’s their money and their choice.  Maybe they just appreciate great service.  

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 You do whatever works for you. When it comes to Holiday tipping, I don't believe there are any "rules" about it. In the past, I tipped my stylist of 15 years the amount of a service plus tip. She gave out boxes of luxury chocolates and a trio of hair care products that fit the clients' need. 

This year I'm with a new stylist since we moved. I heard her mention how she and her son love gift cards (we were talking about what to buy teens for gifts) and I'm going to purchase her a GC at the local coffee shop (she loves coffee). Different situations, different relationship, different gifts. Smiley Happy

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@Jordan2   very nice, I agree with another poster.  Do what’s in your heart.  I think the numbers are fine.

I tip my stylist good all year, and I also give her $50 at Christmas (in addition to my tip on my December service.).   I give the shampoo girl $5 each visit, but it’s usually one of three girls that may do it.  I’ll give the girl that does it on my December visit more than normal, probably $20.  I’ve already saved a bunch missing two appointments Feb-June, and they quickly got me scheduled once our salons reopened in June.  

Believe me, I know they appreciate it.  They have not gotten their full business back, salons in PA are still at 50%.  

Giving generously is someone’s personal choice, it doesn’t necessarily mean they are rolling in dough.  Maybe they want to share kindness or make someone’s day.  It’s their money and their choice.  Maybe they just appreciate great service.  

@lynnie61 

Beautifully stated!!