Respected Contributor

Are you memorable?

[ Edited ]

Do you consider yourself memorable? 

Not for necessarily a good or bad reason - I can not even explain why some people we tend to remember and those not.

Once upon a time....an old wise woman (I think was in her 90's but sharp as a tack) told me "don't ever commit a crime, because every eye witness will remember you.  You would not stand a chance." 

I literally LOL and told her, "that's one more reason to not commit a crime"   HAhaHA

Although if I kept my big mouth shut I think my odds would improve!!

Could you make it through a lineup?    (LOL)

Esteemed Contributor

No, I'm not memorable.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819   You are not out robbing any banks are you??

I remember you on this site for your wit and perspective on things.  So you are memorable.  

Honored Contributor

Nope.

Honored Contributor

I would never want to end up in prison or hell. 

That, hopefully, makes me memorable.

Honored Contributor

When others remind me of something I have done or said in the past, I know that it was memorable. 

Honored Contributor

No.  

And apparently, I could get away with anything and just blame it on someone else if only I knew the name of the person I resemble so much.  I get that all the time by different people, and they always know exactly the person I happen to resemble whether it be a relative or a friend.

Respected Contributor

I think I'm memorable, because I always try to be helpful and take the time to reach out to others, look them in the eye, and am sincere in trying to answer their questions or help them when they need help.

Especially at work, I've been there forever, and whenever new people come in, I tell them if they need anything to come see me, and I think that anyone reaching out to offer assistance when they are newly hired can be memorable to them.  I also keep files and info for years and years, so whatever question or problem they come across, I've usually seen it before and have the solution.  

I'm sure some call centers remember me too, since I am not afraid to ask for what I paid for, or been promised.  I can't stand incompetency or when people who are lazy at work.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Yes, after 67 years I have been told countless times I am memorable. I am not so sure it is a good thing, though. It can be a bit embarrassing meeting someone who goes on and on how they remember you and you can't for the life of you remember who they are or where you met them before.

An example? I met someone in a dept store come up to me calling my name,  identifying herself from my graduating class and I still had no idea or memory of who she was. Oops....

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

No.  

And apparently, I could get away with anything and just blame it on someone else if only I knew the name of the person I resemble so much.  I get that all the time by different people, and they always know exactly the person I happen to resemble whether it be a relative or a friend.

That is so interesting!  You must have that all-American, girl next store good look about you.

That's a compliment that you remind them of a friend or relative.