Super Contributor

I usually tip my stylist 20%, and bump it up to around 40% in November (I never go in December as it's too busy). For the shampooer, I bump it from $5 to $10. Hopefully they are not disappointed by that! 

Respected Contributor

Sounds like very nice Christmas tipping!  I always think a person should do what is in their "heart" to do.  You sound from your posts that you really like and appreciate your stylist and also the gal that shampoo's your hair....the service you get there.  So be joyful in your giving and it's all good!

As for me....I add more money in on top of my normal tip....there is no shampoo gal to tip.  So I usually buy some nice candy from Costco and a larger $$'s tip to thank her.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@kaydee50 Just a little fyi!  Years ago, before I found my wonderful hairdresser whom I've been a client of for 9 years, I went to Supercuts.

I got great service there (except once) and I always tipped.

I can honestly say I have never received a bad haircut at Supercuts.  I don't get my hair washed there but I also leave at least a 20% tip and as long as the virus is around 25-30%.  I'm just happy it's only one person.  It would be too stressful for me if I had to tip several different people--LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm going to get my hair cut, colored, and blown out in two weeks. I won't be back until after Christmas so I'm going to give the gifts when I go. I go to the salon about five times a year. I tip my stylist 20% and tip the woman who shampoos my hair $5.00. I give my stylist $50 for Christmas ( plus she gets the tip for the services she provides) and I give the woman who shampoos $25. Is $50 enough for the stylist, and I feel like $25 isn't enough for the shampooer, I don't want to give her $50, would it be okay to give her $30 ( or is that an odd number to give)?

Give whatever amount makes u happy. I'm also feeling very generous these days and realize all these service people are working thru the VIRUS - I'll be giving BIG tips this year as well.

Respected Contributor

I think $50 AND $25 is perfect.

Honored Contributor

@bonappetit wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Jordan2, you don't really need us to weigh in because it's totally what you feel comfortable giving. Personally, I think that your gifts are just fine, and I would ignore any snide comments.

Are you the judge on these forums? Jordan2 wrote this and asked the forum to weigh in.

@bonappetit, I thought that the You must be rolling in dough comment was snide.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I have had the same stylist for many years, and she is GREAT. At the holidays I always give her a gift worth at least $50.00 as well as a bigger tip.  They do not have a shampoo person there or I would do the same.

I am thinking this year perhaps I will bring a gift for the whole shop--maybe a box of cookies, etc.  I will do the same for my vet and any other service providers.  I also tip my paper delivery person, my mail delivery person and so forth. 

For some people, being generous with tips is just part of the budget--that is how I choose to use my money instead of buying something else for myself!

Kindness should be contagious!

Regular Contributor

@NickNack 

Your dog is so cute - reminds me of my Daisy!

Honored Contributor

@Flyer98 wrote:

@NickNack 

Your dog is so cute - reminds me of my Daisy!

Thank you @Flyer98 .  Her name is Ava.  Daisy is adorable, too!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  I think what you have decided is wonderful.